Last Chance & Coming Soon: August 2020

Happy early birthday!

2 Likes

Happy early birthday!

3 Likes

Won’t lie, I am kinda nervous what the end of the yearly subscription means. I am hoping that no matter what happens the comicbook portion stays alive. This was the main reason I subscribed in the first place because I love DC comics and cant get enough of reading them. Even if this evolves to a different format down the road, how DC Universe has handled the comics, (being posted on here 1 year after the release), has been amazing. I appreciate not having to buy the individual comics from 20 years ago and being able to pay a flat rate to read as much as I want.

5 Likes

Applejack answered this question in Office Hours I believe.

You can keep your annual subscription as long as you keep your credit card updated.

5 Likes

I believe that during an episode of DC Daily, John Wesley Shipp mentioned that the TV Special acted as a commentary on the TV Show in a way.

1 Like

I see it listed under the “Last Chance” row when you go to animated series. Anyone know a concrete date when it’ll be gone?

August 1st. You can still watch the series from now til the end of July 31st and sadly the show will be gone on the next day.:confused:

1 Like

That’s good news!

I am excited!! :astonished:

For some odd reason there’s no digital versions of those issues even for purchase yet. Kind of random to just skip over them but it happens with a lot of series. Azrael has a few random issues that aren’t done yet when the series is almost completely converted (one of them is even part of a crossover with a Batman storyline). Action Comics is just now getting some of the post Crisis Superman issues converted to digital. I don’t know if it’s because of royalties and negotiations or what regarding why they just get skipped (I can understand for a bigger series like Action Comics when you’re talking about 1000+ issues but smaller series, but smaller series, why not just get them all out of the way?)

They addressed the Spectre’s missing issues somewhere. Basically said they didn’t have those issues in the archive (or didn’t have a good copy one of the two) so decided to skip them and fill them in later, rather than stop digitizing until they get it. Didn’t say so but guessing especially with some of the older series that might be the reason for random missing issues.

Although weird they don’t have the full run of Spectre in the archive. That came out during the time everything had insane print runs so would not think it would be hard to find them.

2 Likes

Krypton season 2! Cool. I saw season 1 somewhere…can’t remember if i watched it on this app or somewhere else. It was pretty good. 2 was it’s last season, wasn’t it? I feel like we’re getting apokalpis war pretty quick, wonder woman bloodlines felt like a super long wait.

I was born in 1989!

Yeah, I got the email from the play store saying my subscription would renew for the annual price i paid last year. I figure I’ll keep the service for DC animated films and the occasional comic. A lot libray apps have where you can read comics, there’s just not as vast of options. The DC animated movies dvds can pile up in cost even if you jjst rent them though, so may as well keep paying for the service. Apparently the community part of the app is free? I didn’t know that.

1 Like

Glad to hear that about the credit card and annual sub. I am worried that they didn’t list anything new to watch for September in their what to watch news article for august and September. But maybe it’s to far out

1 Like

I noticed that too about September. Would not be the first time that no new movies were put on the app… although if nothing new comes plenty will act like it is… but definitely would have liked seeing at least 1 movie.

I saw the new comics for September on Newsarama but it was only “new” comics. It didn’t provide the classic titles that will also be arriving in September. I’m assuming there will be of course because the August list they provided also only contains the “new” comics and there’s obviously classic titles on the list above.

Yeah, I was introduced to some really good titles on here that had I not been a subscriber on DCU I wouldn’t of picked up.

That could also be a sign of movies coming in September too since they almost surely will have the older archival comics, so hopefully the movies were left off too. Or not added for whatever reason.

1 Like

Y’all had me at Krypton season 2. Here’s hoping that show gets a much needed revival.

3 Likes