[Lantern Corps] New Frontier - Week 5 [8/16 - 8/23]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through New Frontier. Since these issues are pretty long (like, almost 70 pages) we’re only doing 1 issue a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

This week’s issue is:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Which hero’s storyline is your favorite so far?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How did you like the “deadly new foe”?
3 Likes
  1. It is a tie between Hal and J’onn for me. I like how they are both progressing.
  2. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Iris knew Barry is the Flash. Also nice to see Batman and Superman as secret allies.
  3. I’m not sure about this foe yet. It is obviously powerful if it can take down Diana and the Amazons.
2 Likes

J’onn’s and Barry’s. We haven’t had as much time with Barry but I don’t think we needed it as much as we’ve needed J’onn’s.

Iris knowing about Barry. Diana bleeding out in the Invisible Jet. Aquaman showing up too.

It’s definitely cool. I’m curious about where it came from and what it wants. If anything. It’s obviously very powerful. I wonder how they will fight it.

2 Likes

Hal’s. This issue did a great job of showcasing the ring and it’s power. Effortlessly moving a mountain to just casually cover up an alien and crash site. Makes you wonder what it could do if it went all out.

The “I believe your planet’s word is good” bit from Abin Sur. You mean to tell me he gave a rundown of how the ring works and “good” is the word that he wasn’t sure on?

Also, Superman getting beat. Didn’t expect him to get taken out in one shot.

Taking out the Amazons and Superman build it up to be quite powerful. The battles at the air base were starting to feel familiar and I’m sure I’ve only read the first issue or two before this. Turns out there’s a movie.

1 Like