[Lantern Corps] New Frontier - Week 4 [8/09 - 8/16]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through New Frontier. Since these issues are pretty long (like, almost 70 pages) we’re only doing 1 issue a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

This week’s issue is:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Which hero’s storyline is your favorite so far?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. What do you think of the Flash’s speech?
3 Likes
  1. My favorite is tied between Hal and J’onn. Very sorry to see poor J’onn captured this issue.
  2. I was surprised to see what happened with the Mars flight and the real reason Hal wasn’t on it.
  3. The Flash’s speech was a surprise but also realistic. Why should he continue to risk his life to help people if the government is going to continually be after him?
1 Like

I’m enjoying Hal’s story. It’s nice to not just see his backstory immediately before the ring.

Didn’t expect Jordan to get kicked off the mission. I’m not surprised, he’s quite arrogant. His skills just tend to push him just far enough to make it.

Unexpected, but understandable. I’d probably do the same thing, just quietly without a speech.

1 Like

J’onn’s. Hal is a close second though. J’onn just wants to go home. Or to understand this new world and all he’s seen is hate. I hope he finds a way out of that prison.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised that the US Government brought bombs and chemical warfare on a trip to Mars. But it still caught me off guard. That and Flash retiring.

Makes sense to me. Barry just wanted to help. They tried to catch him. Why should he risk his life for people who don’t want him alive?

2 Likes