[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern / Green Arrow - Week 4 [9/27 - 10/04]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Green Lantern / Green Arrow, doing 2 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

This week’s issues are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How did you like this version of Carol Ferris?

They were both really good, but I think 83 takes it. That ending was incredible.

Most of it was surprising. Was not expecting Sinestro to have a sibling. Medusa came out of nowhere. Carol in a wheelchair AND engaged?

It was interesting. I’ve never seen her depictions from before Blackest Night. Nice to see a more human approach instead of her always being Star Sapphire.

Seeing the passing of Neal Adams reminded me that I never did finish reading this run, so I hope you don’t mind my bumping it up. :slight_smile:

1. Did you have a favorite issue?

I think I’ll go with issue #82, just had a lot of great action.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

I think the most surprising thing was in #82, when Ollie and Dinah deals with harpies and amazons…they never once think about calling Wonder Woman. I mean, I know Green Lantern is the co-star, but that could have been a fun guest appearance. Granted, this came out during the infamous “Mod Era” of Wonder Woman, and from what I understand, Denny O’Neil didn’t have the best time starting that run and the flack he got after the fact.

1. How did you like this version of Carol Ferris?

She’s…okay, I guess. I liked how they finally had Hal reveal his identity to Carol and they were both mature about what they went through in the past. Though it seemed like at the end that Hal and Carol got back together, but…did they just forget that Carol was engaged, if not married?

Oh, and fun fact about issue #83, did you know that Grundy and the young girl was purposefully based on then Vice President Spiro Agnew and President Richard Nixon? The mailman for the school was also based on Alfred Hitchcock, likely because of the birds gag they have in the issue.

1 Like