[Lantern Corps] Green Lantern (2021) - Issue 3

Greetings @LanternCorps!

This series of posts is to discuss the latest issues of Green Lantern. Since this series just started, it’s a perfect time for anyone, unfamiliar or fanatic, to jump in. The issue can be read here.

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. What was your favorite part?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How do you like this version of John Stewart?

Previous issue’s discussion can be found here

2 Likes
  1. It was cool to see Simon with his cybernetic gun.
  2. Not exactly surprising, but nice to see Hal at the end.
  3. John as a homebody is different. I’m guessing that time flows differently in this sector.

So far, I am liking this new series. Hopefully, it lives up to these first issues.

2 Likes
  1. I liked seeing Mullen taking charge and trying to establish contact with the other lanterns.

2. Simons gun was cool to see not really surprising I guess Hal at the end was to be the surprise but it didn’t feel all that surprising.

3. I thought it was an interesting way to see John and I was kind of surprised at how much time had passed for him. I liked that he still went to face all the aliens at the end even though his power ring wasn’t working.

All around I’m enjoying the first 3 issues and interested to see where it goes from here.

2 Likes

I liked the beginning with John being in the dream thing. The idea of a GL High School sounds like it would be great.

Not really surprising, but Simon becoming Cyborg is strange. Especially how he phrases it. Part of his origin was overcoming the fear that the ring would fail and carrying a gun as backup

I like it. He’s got that architect brain that makes his constructs interesting and his character fun to follow.

2 Likes