[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 36 [7/12 - 7/19]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How do you feel about the new champion of Earth?
1 Like

Brightest Day #24 was my favorite this week. All the one page spreads were gorgeous and seeing this long storyline come to a satisfying conclusion was… well… satisfying.

I didn’t expect Alec Holland to show up. Or for the four elementals to be who they were. Or for Shiera to die(?), or Boston to die (again) or basically anything in the last two issues of Brightest Day.

I don’t know too much about Swamp Thing but for him to be Avatar of the Green and the White Lantern is a lot. He seems to be doing an awful lot of killing for an Avatar of Life. :laughing: I assume Constantine hadn’t been around for a bit and him showing up at the end was a big reveal at the time.

Overall thoughts on this event: I really liked it. It wasn’t very Green Lantern based, but it was heavily focused on Lanterns just the White one. Which, threw me off at the beginning but made more sense as it went along.

I learned a lot about characters I didn’t know anything about prior to reading this. And I am definitely going to have to look some of them up to read more about them. I totally see how this was such a defining event when it first came out. And I feel like it has held up well since it was released.

Thanks for doing this @GL-Batophobia ! I look forward to the next one!

1 Like

Brightest Day 24. Battle of the swamp things was great, but seeing how the whole plan came together was satisfying.

Did not expect the whole Nekron thing. The elementals also caught me off guard.

Unexpected, but makes total sense. Having watched the TV series, understood enough to keep up.

1 Like