[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 25 [4/26 - 5/03]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. What are your thoughts on Power Girl?
3 Likes

#18 was my favorite. Seeing Power Girl thinking she was fighting the Justice League, that was cool.

I was unaware Jaime dies at all. So that was shocking. I assume there is a workaround coming but I still didn’t expect Max to shoot him.

I don’t know too much about her besides she is Kara from a different Earth that was destroyed in Crisis. So seeing her here was neat. I liked how far she was willing to push because she though the League had killed a bunch of people.

2 Likes
  1. Good action and quite the surprise at the end there.

Blue beetle dying was quite unexpected. Also, didn’t realize Max’s dad died like that.

I know nothing about her, but I’ve seen her a few different places. I could be wrong, but strictly from appearances, she seems like she’s just there for the fan service. Her design feels explicitly created to show off cleavage.

2 Likes