[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 2 [11/16 - 11/23]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How do you feel about Ganthet being a Green Lantern?
3 Likes

Just want to ask real quick – is it just me, or does anyone else get a weird 90s CGI vibe from John and especially Kyle’s face in that GLC cover?

4 Likes

I enjoyed them all, but I think the GL issue was the best. The interaction between Hal, Carol, and Sinestro is good.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

Larfleeze seeking out Lex was a bit unexpected. Also, curious to see how Guy’s story goes.

1. How do you feel about Ganthet being a Green Lantern?

I like it. His battery was kinda dumb, but him making his own ring and battery was cool. Don’t want to spoil future content, but makes a certain other lantern’s feat even crazier.

1 Like

I would also have to go with Green Lantern. Really enjoyed the dynamic between Hal, Carol and Sinestro.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

The only thing that I didn’t really remember from this in these issues was Ganthet becoming a Green Lantern. Speaking of which…

1. How do you feel about Ganthet being a Green Lantern?

I think it’s pretty cool – it feels different to what Ganthet and the Guardians in general do, but it still feels in character for Ganthet. After all, he was always the most proactive and heroic of the Guardians.

1 Like