[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 14 [2/08 - 2/15]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How did you like Blue Beetle?
2 Likes

They were all good. I haven’t read the JLI series so I don’t get the nostalgia I’m sure these issues were trying to give us. I’ll say #5 was my favorite. Seeing they all decide to stay together to fight Max.

Captain Atom taking up Rocket Red to explode. That was intense and unexpected.

I like Jaime. I know him mostly from Young Justice and a handful of comics that I’ve read with him in it. But he fit himself right in with the group and is willing to help. He’s a fun character.

1 Like

Probably #4. While I know nothing about them, I liked the Rocket Red stuff. Particularly the one that joins the team. His bad English makes for some great moments.

Max’s black lantern bit was unexpected. Also, completely did not expect Rocket red to join the team. Makes a bit more sense at the end of #5, but at the time is was really weird.

He’s great pretty much any time he pops up in a series.

1 Like