[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 13 [2/01 - 2/08]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How did you like the first arc, Endrun?
3 Likes

They were all pretty good, but I liked #4 the most.

Hawk punching a tank was a bit unexpected. I thought Hawk/Dove were normal people like Batman, but apparently not.

I thought it was good. White Canary was a good villain. Penguin was kinda dumb, but ya gotta get all the birds, apparently.

I liked #4 the best. Though it was close. Getting into Barbara’s head a little and see how she thinks in situations like that are interesting.

The Batcave getting broken into was interesting. I don’t know these two characters but I wasn’t expecting them to know how to hack into the Batcave and to walk right in.

It was good. Still kinda unsure how it ties into Brightest Day, except for Hank being there. But I don’t mind reading some Birds of Prey.

1 Like
  1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?

Oof, that’s a hard one. I think I might go with #4 as well, if only for the awesome moment between Barbara, Creote and Savant.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

I forgot about Penguin’s dream, which was hilarious. Ed Benes is rather notorious for his cheesecake art and it was funny to see them lean into it. Hawk’s reaction alone just sells it.

1. How did you like the first arc, Endrun?

I liked it – while the connection to Brightest Day is strained at best, it was awesome just to see the classic team come back for at least a little while. Adding Hawk and Dove in did make for some interesting interactions, though I can’t help but wonder if it was an editorial mandate and Gail didn’t quite know what to do with them.

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind me replying to an old post, but Creote and Savant were introduced in Gail Simone’s first arc of Birds of Prey, issues #56-61, which I highly recommend. Her run on BOP is an absolute must-read, IMO.

2 Likes

Not at all! I love learning new things! Thank you!

1 Like