[Lantern Corps] Brightest Day - Week 11 [1/18 - 1/25]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Brightest Day. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. Do you like the Arrow/Lantern dynamic?
2 Likes

They were all great, but really digging the Brightest Day issues. Forgot about the way the entity sets up everyone’s goal like that. Really cool.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

The headshot on Green Arrow. Did not see that coming.

1. Do you like the Arrow/Lantern dynamic?

I generally enjoy their team ups. This one was ok. Kinda wish it lasted longer, but Galahad was good too.

2 Likes

Okay, I am so late but I finally caught up. I promise I will never get that far behind again.

I am loving Brightest Day so far, I’ve never read it before. This era of comics isn’t one I have read too much of, so it is nice to see certain characters in different places than I have read them before. As well as the characters I haven’t read much of at all.

I liked Brightest Day #7 the best. I enjoy the setup that the White Lantern is doing and the hints of Jackson Hyde’s importance. (At least, I’m pretty sure that’s who that is.) It’s also nice to see Deadman dealing with being alive. It’s a cool concept.

I agree that the headshot to Green Arrow surprised me, but also the lake revival. I knew they had to fix him dying, but I wasn’t sure how or how quick it would happen.

I enjoy every generation of these team-ups. Hal and Ollie aren’t two of my favorite heroes but they do work well together. It’s fun to see someone like Hal trapped with no powers and then Ollie trying to fix it all.

2 Likes

Probably one of the Brightest Day issues, especially the one when the Lantern gives everyone their “duties.” Gives the series which at this point was kind of running in circles a little more forward momentum.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

Ollie dying and coming back via the forest was surprising.

1. Do you like the Arrow/Lantern dynamic?

In general, yes. I mean, Green Lantern/Green Arrow is an undisputed classic. Here it was…alright? It was okay interactions, but it kind of felt forced due to the Brightest Day tie-in.

1 Like