[Lantern Corps] Blackest Night - Week 19 [10/5 - 10/12]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Blackest Night. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. How do you like the Flash as a Blue Lantern?
4 Likes

Looking forward. I need a little more Flash in my life.
Lw3r

Really enjoyed the issues this week. Blue lantern Flash is definitely my favorite of the new recruits.

The Rouges storyline was also pretty good. Snart being a cold hearted, emotionless dude is a great contrast to what Barry is going through. The Thawne bit was intriguing, if not confusing.

As for GLC, Mogo is such a crazy lantern. Anytime it comes into play, it’s always over-the-top, awesome material.

Plus, there’s this fancy new symbol:

1 Like

Enjoyed the reading this week.
The Black Lanterns took a big hit in all three of these stories with Mogo doing most of the damage, pulling them into his core to burn forever.
The Rogues were a better storyline than I was expecting, but what most caught me off guard was Owen trying to bring Digger back by feeding him lives. Cold don’t suffer no fools.

I think my favorite was Blackest Night: The Flash #3. Wally finding a way to get to Bart through the speed force and Barry pulling him out. Learning that leaning into emotion instead of suppressing them, getting away from head and start using the heart, was a huge get for Barry.

2 Likes
  • Did you have a favorite issue this week?

Probably BN: The Flash issues, really enjoyed seeing Barry start getting his groove back. After the events of The Flash: Rebirth and the start of Blackest Night, he’d had this weight on his shoulders about all the things he missed, all the people he lost, to the point where all he could do is hold it in. Getting the Blue Ring and seeing him feel hope and true life again was good to see.

• Was anything surprising to see?

I forgot about what happened with the Boomerangs here. Oof. You can feel a bit sorry for Owen…but you also totally get why Cold spartan kicked him in the hole.

That reminds me, I wonder why BL Boomerang didn’t just fly out to get the Rogues after? I mean, I get that he didn’t fly to help sell the idea to Owen that he needs his “son’s” help, but why not try to rile the Rogues for some extra hearts?

• How do you like the Flash as a Blue Lantern?

I liked it – like I said, I think this sparked up something that was missing in him and made him truly feel alive again.

1 Like

This is a great point. I don’t read a lot of Flash, so I never thought about where BN fits into his storyline.

1 Like

Yeah, this literally takes place right after Barry was resurrected. What’s funny is that at the time Blackest Night was coming out, the initial The Flash: Rebirth mini-series that explained how Barry came back was having issues with delays, to the point where the Blackest Night: The Flash series actually spoiled the ending of The Flash: Rebirth. :laughing:

1 Like