[Lantern Corps] Blackest Night - Week 11 [8/10 - 8/17]

Greetings @LanternCorps!

We’re reading through Blackest Night. The plan is to read 3 or 4 issues a week. Please avoid spoiling anything from issues beyond this week. If you missed last week, you can check it out here

The issues for this week are:

Feel free to use any, all, or none of the questions below as discussion starters.

1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?
  2. Was anything surprising to see?
  3. Orange v Blue. Which side do you root for?
3 Likes

I just joined and will have to read this a little later. I never even heard of the series r.e.b.e.l.s. Before. Is this in any of the hardcovers? I own all the blackest night hardcovers which is why I ask.

Also how much longer are you planning on reading the blackest night?

2 Likes

Until we hit the end of it. We’re doing 3-4 issues a week, so at most, 12 weeks left. Then we might continue into Brightest Day.

2 Likes

Great. I should be able to join in a few weeks with y’all since I have to read sinestro corps war and all the stories before blackest night but I read about 10 issues a day so I should catch up in no time.

2 Likes

Loved seeing actual black lantern constructs for once. And that ending with Atrocitus. I’d like to think Larfleeze could take him, but given he couldn’t handle the Black Lanterns while Atrocitous so effortlessly wipes them out.

As for the R.E.B.E.L.S. I wasn’t that into these issues. The one from last week had such promise, but for some reason these two just didn’t do it for me.

3 Likes

Hal takes charge!!!

2 Likes

I’m ALL caught up.

This week i would say GL #47 was the best comic, HANDS DOWN. WOW! Johns wrote a great comic for sure!

To start it off with the introduction of rage having replaced the RLC’s blood, causing them not have a circulatory system anymore I guess?, thus they don’t need their hearts anyway. So the Traditional Black Lantern " FATALITY " Doesnt work on them. Then Black Lantern Abin Sur and his Sister we just learned about was all EMO!

And then Sinestro Scolds Hal for cracking Jokes at a serious time! Sick writing!

The REBELS were fun with the little captions Like “Star and Driver…”
The 2 seconds Braniac 2 had a ring! Ha!
Good week!

5 Likes

I’ve been busy, but I have been trying to catch I think I can read 2-3 a day to do it.
The R.E.B.E.L.S #11-12 didn’t do it for me. Sometimes that happens to tie-ins where the story just starts to fall apart because of the weight of the major story they are trying to support.
Green Lantern #47 did support the major story and had great stories inside them. ie, the indigo tribe and Carol messing with Sinestro.

1 Like
  1. Did you have a favorite issue this week?

I’d definitely go with Green Lantern #47. It had the more interesting things going on with the event, as well as some cool character moments with Sinestro – it’s rare we see him in a more vulnerable state emotionally.

1. Was anything surprising to see?

Not only was Atrocitus having his heart ripped out and surviving because of his power ring and being too damn angry to die surprising, it was also METAL AF. :metal:

1. Orange v Blue. Which side do you root for?

The side I’m rooting for? Blue. The side I think is more likely to win? Orange.

1 Like