Krypton Cancelled, Lobo series not moving forward

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/krypton-canceled-at-syfy-1232498

SYFY has official cancelled Krypton after two seasons while also choosing not to move forward with the Lobo spinoff. Shouldn’t be surprising after they cancelled Happy! and Deadly Class, but still unfortunate.

2 Likes

As I said in the main section.

I’m sad for you guys, but I thought the shows was absolutely horrible.

1 Like

:broken_heart::pleading_face::weary:

Disappointing. The show was constantly surprising me, getting better and better.

Not surprising, though. Its ratings had fallen precipitously (due in part to a summer premiere instead of spring, in my opinion). And since SyFy has been on a cancellation kick recently, I figured Krypton’s fate was already decided.

Pick it up, DCU! Lobo too!

1 Like

Darn, I really enjoyed this season. Several friends and family members also told me they were enjoying it.

I know for a fact though many of them wait to binge. It seems like much like with comics waiting for complete story arcs is really hurting a lot of these smaller shows.

Hopefully someone picks it up to give it a proper ending.

1 Like

I thought by adding more known characters, the show would succeed. Tis a shame.

Its one of those shows that you totally binge. Sad to see it cancelled. Maybe gets picked up here.

1 Like

#saveKrypton

Wtf, Syfy. First you cancel Happy! and now this?? But you’ll keep making crap like Sharktopus vs. What-the-hell-ever-hodgepodge???

1 Like

Please Save Krypton DCU!!!

Articles I read say Lobo is being shopped around, sounds like maybe DCU would be better going after that one.

Just crossed it was cancelled by SyFy today.

Apparently the ratings nose dived 50% in season 2. I think part of that is due to it airing in the summer and also I think those who did watch it binged or streamed it and didn’t watch it live.

It says the show is being shopped around to other platforms like DC Universe and HBO Max

5 Likes

Sad for you guys. But I thought the shows was absolutely horrible.

Lobo spinoff cancelled as well.

1 Like

Would love to see it continue on DCU. The finale was terrific and left a ton of avenues for future stories.

1 Like

I think it might be too expensive for DCU. It’s shot in Europe and uses a lot of special effects.

Oh well…just as I thought it was getting real good :joy:

1 Like

It was an awesome show. I hope DC Universe will pick it up and have it on here. This was too good of a show to be ruined by it ending on a cliffhanger.

1 Like

I could see DC Universe picking it up

2 Likes

If they can’t do something longer term for the series. Maybe there is a possibility for the service to create an ending movie for the series for fans. I hope for all y’all they are able to do something. I haven’t watched it yet.

2 Likes

#save Krypton!!!

1 Like