Krokar from The Herculoids

Feeling inspired by the vintage style of Hannah Barbara and my “Ask The Question” inquiry, I wanted to share my recent Watercolor Art Project with the DCU Community! This is Krokar of The Beaked People from The Herculoids.

Please enjoy and let me know what you think!

The Herculoids: Season 1, Episode 3
“The Beaked People”
(clip)

https://youtu.be/yR_-1k2B1TA

I was very dedicated to making this piece and I’m really proud of how it turned out. Here is how much erasing I did to get it “right”. I thought you might appreciate seeing this, @DukeGaga311. :grinning:

:question:Question for the Community:

Does anyone have any fun tidbits or interesting facts related to The Herculoids?

9 Likes

Before I even read your post, just scrolling by, I thought Hannah Barbara! Really nice work! And ty for showing the eraser shavings :rofl: I actually find them really comforting!

3 Likes

Nice one. Takes me back to cartoon express Hanna- Barbera days. Never knew if u were getting Jabberjaws, Snagglepuss or The Great Grape Ape that day.

1 Like

Wow! Nice work. I also love your dedication to getting it the way you wanted it. No amount of erasing could stop you
:gl_hv_5:

1 Like

Thank you, @CynicalPink! I hoped it would be a nice bonus pic for the other artists in the community. I’m really glad you mentioned that.

@capo-mage, Cartoon Express was the best! Thank you for checking it out and commenting! I appreciate it!

Thank you so much, @DukeGaga311! You’re totally right - I wasn’t about to give up on this one. Love the GL emoji! :relaxed:

3 Likes