Killing Joke.. Batman & Batgirl scene..not right

Your thoughts. It goes with Batman Beyond, but Bruce hooking up with Babs just seems wrong.

4 Likes

Yes it does

3 Likes

The Robins… they all want the same ladies throughout different rewrites. Its disturbing sometimes.

Yeah it is

1 Like

But Bruce with Barbara? Yuck.

1 Like

Yeah we get it and it’s established

I stopped reading Red Hood and the Outlaws when both Jason and Speedy were hooking up with Starfire. Wtf? Well, Jason passed it off to his homie, but dang.

Even as far back as Batman ‘66, they hinted at romance between Bruce & Babs (though not between Batman & Batgirl, oddly), but yeah, I wasn’t a big fan of the move in Killing Joke.

1 Like

Ehh, I got it. The connection of knowing who’s under the cowl, the worry about knee another, etc. Still bugged me but I seen where they took it

1 Like

Babs seemed pretty determined to get herself a piece of Bruce in Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, as well, though Bruce didn’t seem thrilled about it.

1 Like

I haven’t seen that one lol. But she seemed to be the aggressor in Killing Joke to me lmao

1 Like

To me, I feel batman just isn’t the type to do something like that with how many morals he has. I do understand for story purposes, batgirl fawning over batman but I feel that it doesnt make sense with how I see batman… I thought he would have turned her away or something.

1 Like

Maybe Catwoman wasn’t speaking to him?

1 Like

I’m more upset that Harley was in the background of the movie and she is well after the Killing Joke

Compared to what Joker does to Jim Gordon & Babs it’s small potatoes. That’s only 2 things that are way darker then Bats & Babs hookng up. It’s one of my favorites tho, always will be.

I don’t like that relationship either. I’ve accepted that it happened and is part of some cannon but am really glad it hasn’t been a common thing over the years

2 Likes

It’s weird how the Timmverse has this creepy obsession with batman and batgirl dating which was never in the comics.

2 Likes

Bruce Timm living his fantasy I guess

2 Likes

I didn’t even hate the first half of the killing joke… until that scene happened. I almost walked out of the theater. But I didn’t so that I could watch Mark hamill sing loo-oo-oony. Which also didn’t live up to my expectations… Oh well, what are you gonna do right

1 Like

IT’S just one of those things that people always say. what if??? even though bat man saved her life jumping off the bridge and catching her when she was a child. what if? Talia and batman have sex…What if?

1 Like