Killer Frost to be in Doom Patrol?

In Titans episode 4 “Doom Patrol” Richard, Rachel, and Kory are introduced to- roll credits!- the Doom Patrol. But, and I think a LOT of people missed - could we have also been introduced to Killer Frost? During the episode, Chief is administering his serum to a girl who had - and I could be wrong here - liquid nitrogen poured on her body after the wreck of a truck carrying such substance crashed. After Chief gives the girl his famous serum that seemed to make Gar turn into a green tiger, she starts changing the temperature of the room. It becomes cold. Now what female DC Comics character can do this?? Hmmmmmm… HMMMM

2 Likes

It’s more likely Celsius…

1 Like

Could it have been Crazy Jane? She can have 64 powers due to her mood ( I think )

1 Like

Could it have been Crazy Jane? She can have 64 powers due to her mood ( I think )

It’s definitely Celsius

“Celsius is the superhero alias of Arani Desai, a fictional character in the DC Comics series, Doom Patrol. She first appeared in Showcase #94 (September 1977), and was created by Paul Kupperberg and Joe Staton. She is among the very few superheroes of South Asian heritage, and may be the first ever such hero created by DC Comics.

Background and creation
Celsius was created for the new, rebooted Doom Patrol which debuted in Showcase #94-96. Inspired by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum’s “New X-Men”, writer Paul Kupperberg wanted to have some heroes of different nationalities in the group. Artist Joe Staton used photos from National Geographic articles about India as the model for Celsius.

In other media
Television
Arani Desai (Hina Abdullah) appeared in the TV series Titans in “Doom Patrol,” the fourth episode of the first season. With Raven’s assistance, the Chief stabilized the body temperature of the unconscious woman after severe exposure to liquid nitrogen”
From Wikipedia

2 Likes

Wasn’t the name of the character in the show given though? I’m pretty sure I heard a name and it was one I didn’t recognize.

1 Like

She’s Shyleen Lao AKA Fever.

3 Likes

Hopefully, she’ll pop back up later in the series, and we can all find out! I would love it if it was Killer Frost! But Celsius seems to make a little more sense… I hope they don’t leave us guessing!

1 Like

@MagicNinja Wait… so it “is” Celsius? :eyes:

Chief says in the episode that her name is Shyleen Lao.

3 Likes

So they fused her with Celcius or this was some origin thing for her and later gains heating powers somehow?

2 Likes

Maybe to “cure” her getting frozen he had to heat her up? No clue what codename or power set they’re going to give her, but they definitely said her name is Shyleen Lao.

4 Likes

Hmmmm now I’m not so sure… I didn’t hear him call her by name and Shyleen Lao is Fever in the comics so…

1 Like

@nu52 @MagicNinja
…The fact that you guys even caught that!

2 Likes

@nu52 That’s what I thought too. His “cures” seem to be what bring about their powers, so if she was freezing stuff, his “cure” would give her heat powers. Follows her comic powers as well.

4 Likes

@ColdSmokeMike Makes plenty of sense to me!

1 Like

Yeah I can see that

1 Like

Lol. Wow. I’m stupid. I actually just learned that the girl is most definitely Fever. But still, I wonder if Doom Patrol will introduce new characters to its show and/or other shows via this “yeah, give him/her the magic science serum”.