Kieth Giffen Layouts For 52 Series

I was going back to the 52 weekly books and have always remembered that Kieth Giffen had a consistent layout credit for that series. Does anyone know if he was on board throughout those fifty two weeks, drafting out page layouts issue to issue to help out the pencil/ink team or had he prepped many templates prior to the series being launched?

1 Like

Excuse the typo for the spelling of Keith --Management

1 Like

And I’m only assuming his official credit of Art Breakdowns refers to page layouts. I could be wrong.

1 Like

Keith Giffen is the unsung hero of 52. Apparently, he kept the ball rolling and kept the creative teams all in sync. So yes, he did the layouts, but he was also a major creative force behind the whole shebang.

2 Likes

I love Ambush Bug and wish I had a chance to meet with Mr. Giffen and ask him to sign my Ambush Bug collection. I loved his run on Doom Patrol as well. Also, does anyone know where I could buy my very own Cheeks Doll?

1 Like

I got to speak to Keith at a con and yes, that was all him. Countdown too… though that was a less pleasant experience.

1 Like

Thanks all for the insight! Giffen is a consumate professional and creative juggernaut.