Kid Friendly Comics available on DCU?

I have a soon to be 4 year old who really loves DC Superheroes. I’ve been reading all kinds of superhero themed books to her for a while, and she loves comics as well, especially kid-friendly ones from Free Comic Book Day. Recently, we’ve been reading the DC Super Friends comics because they’re kid friendly and seem to have a great message in each book.

We’ve also looked at Tiny Titans, Superman Family Adventures, and Super Powers books.

Does anyone else have good recommendations for series I should check out with her that may be available on DC Universe? I tried searching previous threads and stories, but curious what you may think!

4 Likes

Give this series a chance:

https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/supergirl-cosmic-adventures-in-the-8th-grade/0f6ce1fe-94cb-4659-beb1-7e497d550ca7

6 Likes

The community had put a pretty big list together awhile back I think Turok knows where to find it.
@TurokSonOfStone1950 can you help or is my memory failing me. :thinking:

3 Likes

@Aquamon

Here are the TWO major threads I found, which I.had contributed to.

Child-friendly comics?

4 Likes

Thanks, sorry to put you on the spot first thing in the morning man. I hope your safe with whats going on out there. :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you all so much! I somehow missed those threads, my apologies :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am okay

Got my pension a few months ago

I am going to have wi fi and a laptop by next week so I can look.at the comics better

My weak eyes and an Android phone are not the best combination

1 Like

Last thing I’ll say don’t mean to clutter the thread. Glad to hear man, I have good vision and I can’t stand using the phone for those kinds of things. with all you post for the history club man you get a A++ for your work.

2 Likes

I have looked at the lists and want to add one more,
Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam.

6 Likes

If you have Hulu I would highly recommend Justice League Action.

If you only have access to DCU then I fully endorse Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

Sorry… misread the question.

It’s late here. I apologize. Comics became cartoons.

Magic of Shazam is an excellent choice.

Bizarro (2015) is pretty safe too.

Captain Carrot stuff would work.

Also cartoon based titles like Justice League Adventures.

3 Likes

The Golden Age was full of great child friendly stories. Batman would be my personal favorite to look into but pretty much any superhero is a pretty safe bet.

2 Likes

There’s Batman Adventures, Batman & Robin Adventures, Superman Adventures, Batgirl Adventures special, Batman Beyond (1999), Justice League Adventures and Justice League Unlimited and Super friends.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I def. recommend the DC Meets Looney Tunes x-overs. ( I linked it to the Series)

Super Fun reads for both you and your VERY LUCKY 4 year old!
My father was a driving factor in my Comic Love, I love to here it happening in a new generation.
Also, although at 4 I wouldn’t really recommend Social Media, however this Community is one of, if not THE, most positive and friendly forums ONLINE. You may find it fun to involve your child in reaction topics based on their Favorite Comics and Heroes with your supervision. It;s some thought’s but I think its just Great to hear about. Thanks for a feel good topic!

2 Likes

:point_up_2:What he said!

1 Like