Kick out Batman

Hot take: Batman needs to leave DC and be his own franchise, you could have them crossover with DC characters like how batman has had crossovers with TMNT, but ultimately the bat mythos should be its own thing. It would not only help other characters to shine, but batman being the sole focus of a world allows the robins and other bat family members to be further explored
What are your thoughts? Discuss.

3 Likes

He could be how the watchmen are

2 Likes

I don’t know. I like Batman in the DC Universe. He’s certainly big enough to be his own thing though. Maybe they could establish a new side continuity like a sort of… Ultimate Batman?

2 Likes

There are independent Batman stories that don’t acknowledge DC continuity published all the time. I’m not sure what removing him altogether accomplishes.

5 Likes

Batman can and should stay in the DCU.

His publication output could be scaled down a bit, but he’s a vital necessity to DC in publishing, merchandising and beyond.

5 Likes

I don’t understand your argument. How does removing the rest of the DC Universe give more room for the Bat Clan to shine? It’s not like the rest of DC’s output is overshadowing the Bat Clan. Four decades ago, Batman was the only member of the Bat Family with his own title. Now, nearly a quarter of DC’s output stars Bat Family people. I don’t see how shrinking their ability to interact with other iconic characters helps the Bat Family.

3 Likes

Allow me to propose a counter argument: kick IN Batman

5 Likes

@biff_pow If I may good sir, allow me to suggest something along the lines of what you suggested:

Don’t kick Batman IN the coin purse. You think he gets angry at criminals, oh boy, when he takes a shot to that area, all hell breaks loose and you best be glad you aren’t the one that kicked him there.

4 Likes

I actually don’t believe it myself, but I thought it was a good argument. Basically, if batman is his own thing the entire world is just batman and the family which would create avenues for other lesser known bat characters to shine, but to me DC should never do this, I love batman and batman should remain

1 Like

On a side note, if batman was kicked out, who should replace him in the trinity?

1 Like

:neutral_face: ummm, no

2 Likes

Ambush Bug

1 Like

They sort of have something like this, but it’s the Earth One books. While only two volumes, those Batman books get back to basics. He’s not overly-prepared, he’s not an arrogant ass who needs to keep tabs on other heroes while creating plans how to take them down, he’s just Batman. The only downside is it takes a very long time for those books to be written, drawn and released…especially since it’s done by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank. The end result is fantastic but you do have to wait a while for them to do it.

Agree it is so frustrating not seeing other dc characters get the spotlight that they deserve. Literally when you ask a random person to name a character from dc they would say Batman. You don’t see marvel putting Spider-Man in the spotlight because they have other characters with popularity just as big. I completely understand you

Batman isn’t going anywhere

Absolutely not

No thanks

1 Like

You try to kick Batman out of DC. Batman turns around and buys DC, then he kicks YOU out. And then slides on his bat-sunglasses because he is now the boss.

Batboss buys DC turns it into BatDC, with his batmoney and now we are in the batverse

1 Like

You need to take a drug test.

1 Like