Kevin Conroy's Greatest Moment as Batman

(@Jurisdiction, I may need you to cover me on this one.)

So, I’m going to talk about what I think is the moment that cemented Kevin Conroy as one of the best, if not THE best, versions on Batman.

It’s not from BTAS, but instead Justice League Unlimited.

Epilogue.

65 years in the future from the present time, Terry McGinnis breaks into the home of former Project Cadmus director Amanda Waller to get some answers Bruce Wayne wasn’t willing to give him – answers about his actual genetic heritage, his being a close enough DNA match for Bruce Wayne.

From there, Amanda Waller tells us the story of how a new Royal Flush Gang was causing chaos while Ace, losing control of her powers, started to warp reality.

Waller arrived on scene and explained to the JL members on scene and explained that Ace was going to die from an aneurysm and the psychic backlash could kill a lot of people. Waller then told them that the only solution is to kill Ace before the aneurysm does it. Batman immediately offered to do it, but revealed he had no intent to harm Ace once he’s with her.

He then sat with her and comforted her until she passed away.

Bruce never forgot Ace, even naming a dog he saved and adopted after her.

In the end, that’s who the Batman Kevin Conroy created was: not stone-cold vigilante that embraces violence, but the man who will comfort his enemies and stay with a young girl as her time comes.

For me, it’s arguably Batman’s greatest moment and the one the cemented Kevin Conroy as the one TRUE Batman.

3 Likes

Definitely in my top 3. Not sure about favorite though.

2 Likes

What are your top 3?

2 Likes

Definitely agree. That episode showed the positive glow that the cowl represents in Gotham. Not just kicking villains a$$es

3 Likes

“It’s been a while since we’ve seen VampingKoala — their last post was 3 years ago.”

Welcome back. Did you head over to Blüdhaven, where the whole city runs on DSL?

Bad joke, sorry.

3 Likes

This
I. Am. BATMAN.
The grave scene in Mask of the Phantasm

1 Like

AND. I. AGREE. WITH. YOU.

1 Like

I won’t say it’s a “greatest moment” but something about Kevin Conroy’s performances in the DC Universe Online cutscenes make me want to watch them over and over again.

2 Likes

Dang I didn’t know the app outted me like that :sob:. Hey, we’re a city of modern technology, sorta :pager::floppy_disk::card_index:

2 Likes

Oh the jokes…

1 Like

with a hat tip to this

2 Likes

Ah, Finding Batman, or as I call it: “Why You Never Doubt the Power of The Queer!”

1 Like