Keeping track of arcs and order of books.

Hey all. I’m relatively new to reading comics for the sake of following longer arcs. I’m staying some new ones, like Dark Nights: Metal. From the looks of it, the search option and directly pulling up the series don’t put the books in order of the events that take place in the arc. Is there an option or feature I’m missing? If not, what are some of the best ways to read arcs properly? Obviously numbers don’t mean much if thry’re tie-ins, so I can’t rely on them. I could always just go back to keeping a list handy. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

4 Likes

I use DC Database as a reference. It lists tie-ins and story arcs here: https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Comics_Database

3 Likes

Just Search for the story arc and you are good to go.

1 Like

Portalman I don’t think it’s like that anymore. I remember saying they would do it and they did when I first signed up, cuz I remember being able to go No Mans Land and having all the issues there. Apple messed up my subscription so it got shut off and I just rejoined yesterday and now no mans land has 3 issues up. So I thought they took it down, but then I noticed they are all still here but you gotta look under each title. Searching no mans land does bring up more than the 3 issues listed but still not the whole arc.
Idk maybe it’s a glitch for some of us. Are you able to see all the No man lands in one collection? Also I could’ve sworn convergence had more than 8 issues also. I think they took out the tie ins but idk where to find them. Or maybe I’m wrong and there was only 8there.

1 Like

@ericsnotmymiddlename I was referring to searching on DC Database. My second post was referencing my initial post.
Also not all comics have been uploaded. According to the Watchtower section of the forum there will be 20,000 additional comics.

1 Like

I looked up the order of the arc than try to make the list of the stories and put it in order if they have it here which takes me a while. Now the only thing I’m missing is The Batman Who Laughs #1 and a few others.

A great resource imo is

https://comicbookreadingorders.com/

Of course they have more than just DC and seem to have one of the biggest databases of arcs and crossovers out there. There are many others as well and any reading order that I need more info on can be found with a simple google search.

What I’d love to see is for the encyclopedia here to become the center of the DCU. Search it for an arc (or a character) and you get links to the various comics (or vids/movies/tv) in that arc. Just have the DCU start there and build outward. Could be a very cool way of looking at things. Sort of our own little corner of the Multiverse. :wink: