Justice League Book Club Week 7: Holiday Tales and Endless Winter Begins

Happy Holidays, @JusticeLeagueBookClub! :santa: :christmas_tree: :gift: :mrs_claus: I hope you all had a super Thanksgiving and are eager for more Justice League goodness, because after a week off, we’re back in business!

To get the season off on the right foot, I wanted to showcase a medley of Justice League-starring holiday tales from assorted series. Fire up the hot chocolate and get ready, because “Here. We. Go!”

:books: Read:

:tv: Watch:

The perfect on-screen accompaniment to the above reading and your cup of cocoa. :clark_hv_4: :coffee:

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• What was your favorite story from this week’s selection?
  • Do you have any favorite DC-related Christmas memories?
  • Which DC hero do you feel best embodies the finest traits of the holiday season?

That’s our mission for this week, League. Enjoy the books, the cozy fire and have fun! :superman: :wonderwoman: :batman: :mrs_claus: :santa:

6 Likes

The Endless Winter event has begun!

If you’re not yet familiar with the “who?” and the “huh?” of this brand new, Justice League-starring, month-long tale that began today (December 1st), you can read all about it right here, then gaze upon this shiny cover of Justice League: Endless Winter #1, now available at your favorite comic outlet:

Besides the above, here the other brand new comics featuring the Justice League in stores this week:

DCeased: Dead Planet #6

The remaining heroes of the DC Universe are stuck between Hell and a hard place! With the Justice League racing against the clock to create a cure, the cruel masters of the southern garden are determined to wipe all anti-life from the planet.

Just when you didn’t think it could get worse…the war to save Earth takes a devilish new direction! Trigon is coming to end the world as Hell is long due its payment in souls!

DCeased: Hope at World’s End #15

The senses shattering conclusion to the epic is here…surrounded by a sea of the undead and led by the Anti-Life Black Adam, can Superman and the remaining Justice League fight their way out?

Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Wonder Woman: War of the Gods

The realms of the gods have been turned upside down and inside out, on the verge of engulfing Earth and its people. Only one hero stands to defend it: Wonder Woman! But that is another world and another story. Behold the mirror image of this tale taking place in the Dark Multiverse, with a Wonder Woman who is ready to destroy it all! Cursed by the evil goddess of magic, Hecate, our beloved Diana has become a weapon of vengeance ready to tear down any god or superhero that stands in her way. Will Earth and its heroes survive her might? Or are they doomed to worship the dark princess of the Amazons for the rest of eternity?!

New comics featuring the Justice League on DC Universe this week:

Action Comics #1017

“Invisible War” part one! It’s one of the biggest creator reunions in years as writer Brian Michael Bendis and artist John Romita Jr. join forces for the first time since their blockbuster turns on Avengers and Avengers Vs. X-Men. In this issue, it’s all-out war on the streets of Metropolis-and at the end of this epic there will be a huge change to the status quo of the world of Superman-you do not want to miss this!

Justice League Dark #17

For thousands of years, Circe has plotted in the shadows, waiting for the moment she would ascend to become the true goddess of magic. Now, with the Justice League Dark crushed at her feet, and her Injustice League Dark reigning victorious, she is ready to take her throne. Is there anyone who can possibly stop her?

Tales from the Dark Multiverse: Infinite Crisis

DC’s mega-event “Infinite Crisis” saw the destruction of the Trinity, the rise of Alexander Luthor and Superboy-Prime, and the rebirth of the Multiverse…but it all started with Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, who saw it all coming and died with secrets that could’ve saved the world. But…things happened differently in the Dark Multiverse! Not only does Blue Beetle survive- he thrives! And after killing Maxwell Lord himself, Ted sets off a chain of events that irreversibly alters the lives of the Justice League and his best friend, Booster Gold. In trying to prevent a crisis, Blue Beetle becomes the Crisis…and the Dark Multiverse will never be the same.

Be sure to check out Justice League: Endless Winter #1 and the other new Justice League adventures available in stores and on DC Universe this week!

4 Likes

just started working my way through Christmas With The Super-Heroes #1. Had a fist pump moment when Boomer chose the right path finally and realized he didn’t want to be a criminal anymore.

2 Likes

That was a favorite moment for me too.

I’d say Superman #165 is my favorite of this week’s books. I love every issue of Loeb and McGuinness’ run and this one was no exception. The cover is pretty rad, too.

2 Likes

This issue is certainly popular in the clubs right now! It’s also showing up here:

And here:

2 Likes

Jumping around here.
Superman #165

:rofl:

Diana don’t think on it to much but he might be letting you…

And what is this!? If that’s just a hug, it’s one heck of one I tell ya.

Pretty good ending it with Plastic Mans joke from the beginning :rofl: Also, I bet that’s not to shabby of a vacation even if it’s a bottled city.

3 Likes

People know a good thing when they see it.

Here, have another grant. You deserve it for your attention to detail.

hands off grant, then ponders what a Kenner Knox figure would’ve been like

Beans to the kids who wouldn’t have wanted a Knox figure! I wanted one. Still do, too.

1 Like

You know, I’d let Diana pin me. I’m chivalrous like that.

3 Likes

Yes, as am I good sir.

2 Likes

To chivalry, my good man! :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Well hello there once again Justice League Book Club. :wave: :sunglasses:

Happened to finish the mission today. :smile:

Yeah Superman v2 #165 had a lot of funny moments in it, but did enjoy going through each of the other selections. :clark_hv_4:

Some of those highlights for me were these… :grin: :joy:

Well a couple years ago I was watching Aquaman around Christmas time… :thinking:

That was fun! :ocean:

I also can’t remember if I got the Batman Forever Batmobile as a Christmas present or Birthday present the year it first hit theaters… :batman_hv_4:

And I have gotten some of the DC Lego games for Christmas… Those are also some good memories as well. :nerd_face:

I’d have to say it’s a good mix between Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and seeing G.L. do his work with Flash I’d add him in too. :superman_hv_4: :wonderwoman: :flash_hv_1: :gl_hv_2:

I also was curious about that as well Aquamon… Especially since Wonder Woman said to Superman to go and enjoy celebrating with Lois… :eyes: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, howdy, hey @ajm08g! :cowboy_hat_face:

I know for sure I got the BF Batmobile for Christmas 1995. It was one of my favorite gifts that year.

Love the panels with Jon and John. :ok_hand:t2: Likewise, the scene with Plas and J’onn always makes me chuckle. “C’mon, it’s the holidays!” “Not where I come from.” :laughing:

2 Likes

Nope that’s not just a hug, that’s a scandal!

3 Likes

Oh what fun!
So many holiday tales. :drooling_face: Some action packed, some sentimental, and some old fashion silly holiday fun. Plastic Man can babysit anytime.
The art work in ‘‘twas the night before Christmas’ really caught my eye.

Superman’s ‘‘twas the fright before Christmas’ was also great. I love to see him battle Winslow. And what better villain for Christmas than the Toyman?
Santa knows how to crush the competition.

A definite honorable mention for Deadman.

However, I think Legion of Super Heroes really got me feeling the holiday spirit.

Hopefully Supes gets over his holiday humbugs. He seems a little stressed.

Maybe he should hangout with Bruce. He seems to be enjoying himself.

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes