Justice League vs Justice League Unlimited: Which was the better animated show?

Okay here’s the rundown people.

Neither is better than the other, overall. Justice League had better plots they had two or three episodes to tell a story. And Justice League Unlimited wasn’t quite as mature as Justice League it just was more Kiddush, I don’t know how to explain it it just was. But Justice League Unlimited had episodes that focused on characters such as Booster Gold, they had the romance between Huntress and the Question, along with the weird romance between Batman and Wonder Woman (and I say weird because it just suddenly disappeared). Justice League focused more on the original characters than Justice League Unlimited did. In Justice League Unlimited you have the romance with Huntress and the Question, the Cadmus story arc, some focus on the fallout of Hawkgirl’s actions in the finale of Justice League, those are, the overall arcs of Justice League Unlimited. But Justice League did have the romance between Hawkgirl and Jon Stewart / Green Lantern, you see the creation of Metamorpho, Vandal Savage attempt to recreate history, a unique take on Wonder Woman’s Origins in the pilot episodes, Superman getting sent to a far-flung futureware where Vandal Savage destroyed the world, Hawkgirl’s betrayal of the JL and Earth.

Justice League is my personal favorite, but Justice League Unlimited is it equal, it just depends on your personal taste which one you will prefer.

But overall (note that I say overall), in some ways Justice League is better than Justice League Unlimited the reverse is also true, the two are truly equals.

A true and devoted fan of the DCAU,
CatAndHorseCrazy.2002

P.S. Check out my topic on the DCAU

2 Likes

The real question is teen titans vs young justice.
But also JL over JLU.

1 Like

As I’ve said before: the sinister purpose of aglets is to aggravate would-be torturers.

1 Like

When will the next Justice League series come out

1 Like

Somehow I doubt we’ll see a JLA show in the near term. If Stargirl does well maybe a JSA animated could be cool.

As for the JL series that follows in the JL/JLU continuity, I think that boat has sailed long ago.

2 Likes

I dunno, JL vs the Fatal Five was a direct JLU continuation.

1 Like

That’s true. I never thought about it but it did seem to part of the animated show story line.

Actually Bruce Timm (in a doco in the iTunes extras) said it wasn’t, but to save time and money, they reused some character designs from JLU.

1 Like

A JSA animated series would be amazing. Alan Scott needs some love in the DCAU.

2 Likes

Speaking of Bruce Timm I always wondered why of the original Justice League members only Batman and Superman had their own series. I think a Wonder Woman, Flash or Green lantern animated series would have done well. Hawkgirl and Martian Manhaunter, maybe not so much.

3 Likes

Justice League Action is the best. I do not like JLU, John and Shiera do not belong together. That alienated the show for me because of the fact that I am a hardcore Hawkman and Hawkgirl fan.

1 Like

I actually think Shiera would have been a great show idea. She was certainly the most complex and fully developed JL character

3 Likes

What? Young Justice, no question, no contest.

1 Like

Superman was so weak in Justice League it was just silly…That of course is the writers fault. So Justice League Unlimited was better

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

It has been said by more the one JL (JLA) writer that stories with Superman in a team book are hard because Superman is so nearly all powerful.

1 Like