Justice League Odyssey – Why Are the Characters Treated As Gods?

I swear this was answered at some point in the first volume of this series, but I cannot find the answer. Why are Starfire, Azrael, and Cyborg treated like gods in the Ghost Sector?

Man it’s been a while, but if I remember correctly, it was part of Darkseid’s plan to turn those 3 into new New Gods in the event that Apokolips falls; they help him start “sepulkor” (excuse my spelling) and achieve dominance once again. Or something…

Even though I have read every issue, I have no clue what is going on in this book.

1 Like

Lol. That’s how I feel. I keep forgetting what’s going on.

1 Like

I remember that they found statues and such of all of them. Which is why the people in the ghost sector are calling them Gods. But I think it was something that Darkseid set up so that his plan in case Apokolips falls could work. But I don’t remember the specifics.

1 Like

DC cancelled Terrifics and keeps this meandering mess around. I guess they’re trying to showcase Jessica Cruz in this book, but she was better executed in Green Lanterns with her co-star Simon Baz (whatever happened to him?). Cancel this book and give us a real space saga series with Adam Strange and Alanna, Space Ranger, Captain Comet, Vril Dox and The L.E.G.I.O.N., The Omega Men, Starman, (pick one), and a smattering of under used GLs.