Justice league dark

Just watched justice league dark for like the 50th time, and everytime I see and hear Swamp thing i think why the hell did that series get canceled? Also Constantin and Zatanna are perfect together. Anyone feel like we need more JLD??

5 Likes

Constantine: City of Demons is set in that continuity and Justice League Dark: Apokolips War is a sequel coming out this year last I heard :smiley:

6 Likes

City of demons was really good to, can’t believe i didn’t think of that one. And I’m looking forward to JLD Apokolips, can’t get here soon enough.

3 Likes

I’m excited and nervous about what Apokolips War might be about. The title reminds me of The Darkseid War, so I’m wondering if it’ll be tied to that story at all.

1 Like

It sorta makes a little sense to tie it into that story line. If they do they’ll need to really hit a homerun with it, otherwise i think they’ll have a few upset fans. For me I’ll watch it no matter what and form my own opinion.

1 Like

I’m personally predicting that JLD Apokolips War will be a loose adaptation of Darkseid War with Trigon replacing the Anti-Monitor. I could be proven very wrong, but I would still love to see the 2 characters (reffering to Trigon and Darkseid) fight each other one way or another.

3 Likes

That would be crazy if it happened. I’d like to see that. I wonder if we’re going to get a trailer soon.

1 Like

I’m also waiting for the trailer.

1 Like

Nah, Constantine is bad for Zee. I love Constantine but I feel like the man should try to stay out of a relationship. He owes his soul to way to many demons.

2 Likes

Wish they would bring back Swamp Thing. It was some clerical error in North Carolina and DC didn’t get the money back they were supposed rundown filming there.
I think they would have made the money back and everything if they kept going and marketed it right.

3 Likes

No such thing as too much JLD for me. Absolutely I’d like more.

3 Likes

SC rumor has been debunked, they ran 8 mill an episode so for the full 13 that was gonna be 20+ mil. Over budget. Swamp Thing has a very passionate base, but it only seems to have gotten picked up by Amazon.co.uk 4 months after the series ended. So it likely was just a 60+ Mil loss. Every dollar got put up in the screen, but a 60+ mil loss still stings. And bringing back a show that was that economically a loss for a second season is just to big financial risk. IMO, Swamp Thing is a character better suited for animation. He was done very well and used very effectively in JLD.

With that said, Constantine City of Angels and JLD, we’re both very good. I am hoping Apokolips War is a new story and doesn’t use Darkseid. Just his main minions, Granny, The Baron, Steppenwolf, Desaad. Have them pulling strings of various magical villains.

As for Z and John, I think Z is smart and emotionally secure enough to know John is not a serious relationship, but a really good FWB. It would certainly be an interesting thing to have Z in control of that “I’ll pull you when I want, John.” It would be a very interesting emotional arc for Constantine. Really would mess with his massive ego. A fun sub plot.

3 Likes

Happy to find this thread, Thanks! Just finished this article. It’s keeping hope & excitement alive for me.

1 Like

True. It seems like many people John gets involved with end up dead or worse.

As for the Bad Robot news, I hope something actually comes of it. I’m still disappointed the Guillermo Del Toro JLD never happened.

3 Likes