Justice League Dark Series

I’m someone who loves reading about the supernatural. I love John Constantine, Swamp Thing, and Zatanna. So, I started reading the Justice League Dark series from the New 52.

I got through the first 2 collections of the series. It’s fun seeing Constantine, Zatanna, and Deadman working together, but I’ll admit that I’m not that into it. I heard they recently launched a new JLD series, with a lineup including Wonder Woman which got me intrigued.

Do I have to read the New 52 series before getting to this Rebirth series with Wonder Woman? Are there any other stories I should read before checking out the Rebirth JLD series?

4 Likes

Just read the No Justice mini, and you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I, too, am just getting started with the 2018 run. I’m fine with Tynion as writer because new perspective is new rhythm. Jeff Lemire did his thing with New 52 (he’s quite adept with creatures), so his contribution worked for me as well.

1 Like

Im currently reading the current run and it’s very accessible. I’d suggest reading dark knights metal bc it’s amazing but it kinda sets up things for the no justice mini series. If you enjoy the storyline from that I’d also suggest reading justice league odyssey and the newest justice league runs. They are kinda three parts to what’s going on. Odyssey and dark are really good tho so I’d suggest those for sure

3 Likes

I have not read anything before the current run and don’t feel like I’ve been lost. I would say just jump right in if that’s what you want to do.

Dark nights metal is definitely worth the read tho imo

1 Like