Justice League Crisis on Infinite Earths Movies Thread

I have paid money for all of them, but I only bought one. I rented the rest and then just use HBO Max for rewatches.

6 Likes

I just wait until it releases on Max but I also like collecting DC blurays.

I’m probably just going to get the movies I enjoyed most. I mean they already botched the spines anyway

6 Likes

I like discussing them immediately, and rentals do not cost much money.

6 Likes

Yeah, but they’ve been playing too damn much. DCU, Batgirl, slashing departments and projects, undercutting non-gunn movies, the schmuckverse trolling in the studio altered ending of The Flash . . . nothing is safe.

6 Likes

I had no idea this was coming out so soon

5 Likes

Agreed.
:fist_right::fist_left:

6 Likes

I think Gunn made a comment about how WB was just giving away IP to anyone who said “pretty please.” I interpret that to mean you don’t let the animated division put out a $2 million Flashpoint Paradox or JLA War when you’re already planning to make a $200 million dollar live action version of those same stories (i.e. Flash and Justice League). They haven’t exactly been raking in the cash with these animated productions anyway, so I’m surprised it took this long.

I guess the good news for the animated division is they might get the green light for Wonder Woman, Flash and Blue Beetle projects next year, since they aren’t scheduled to be in the first phase of James Gunn’s film slate.

5 Likes

Makes sense

6 Likes

Before
&
After

:face_with_monocle:
xcrisisSPNEx

5 Likes

Available on vudu for 20 dollars.

5 Likes

I bought Part One this morning and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I never thought COIE could be adequately adapted, but the CW proved me wrong and it looks like the Tomorrowverse will as well

As long as the second and third parts land as well as the first did (or better), we’re in for a treat.

6 Likes

I am not willing to give it my usual Tree Star ratings until I have seen all 3 for that reason.

5 Likes

Where can I get it?

5 Likes

I am going to wait until I can rent it here.
https://www.vudu.com/content/browse/details/Justice-League-Crisis-on-Infinite-Earths-Part-One/2782920

There are other places to digitally acquire it. It might be on red box, and I think it is out on physical media. So try Walmart.

6 Likes

Wall Mart, you say…

Strokes chin in deep thought…

Tell me, what is the mart in the walls that you speak of.

5 Likes

Is that Nighthawk?

5 Likes

Ooh looks like it!

6 Likes

Just saw it and WOW! I’ll try to talk about it without spoilers but this really impressed me. At first I was confused because this one focused on The Flash at different points in his life, with a good chunk feeling like a Justice League formation movie. I thought they might’ve just pulled whatever Justice League movie they had planned and slapped some Crisis stuff at the end to tie it in…NOPE! It all has a point.

Harbinger and Pariah’s roles are different, but in an interesting way, ESPECIALLY Pariah. It’s not comic accurate but you’ll see why it’s so good when you see it.

We have characters we’ve met in the Tomorrowverse like our main heroes, the JSA on Earth-2, and then we have characters from the Showcase shorts like Blue Beetle and the Question.

It’s an hour and a half but it feels like two hours in the best way. You’ll be a little confused at first but when it starts to kick in what’s going on, you’re hooked. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for the next two.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly

The first half was solid, cool seeing the gaps we didn’t see in the previous movies but was thinking to myself various times “okay where are we going with this?” and around the halfway mark it got me emotionally invested and interested about the overall story.

Seriously this movie took a 180* and enhanced everything from the 1st half that felt self contained. If the quality plays out for the 2nd and 3rd part this’ll be my favorite Tomorrowverse films topping The Long Halloween P1 & P2.

8 Likes

To each their own.

I’ll view each part and its artistic merits on their own, then evaluate the whole shebang as one, multi-part epic after all three parts are out.

Incorrectly-adorned displays in the Toy Department that proclaim Walmart (one “l” :wink:) as “America’s Toy Shop”.

Oh, that’s rich, Walmart. You’ve belted out some fictional doozies in the past, but “America’s Toy Shop”? Good one. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes