Hello, hello, League and Happy Near-Weekend!
This week, we’re soaring into one of DC’s Epic of Epics. A genre-defining masterpiece. The four-issue magnum opus that is…Kingdom Come. Read on for how you can start celebrating 25 years of this beloved and influential mini-series.
- Kingdom Come #'s 1-4
- Have you read Kingdom Come before?
- If you have: What are your thoughts on the series as a dissertation on super heroes, especially when seeing how the “old guard” stacks up against the new heroes they will eventually come into conflict with?
- If you have: How do you feel about Kingdom Come as a commentary on where comics were at the time of it’s publication in 1996? The old guard (DC and others) versus new upstarts that were attempting to tilt the comic world on its head with new franchises, characters and worlds never before seen in the medium.
- If you have not: What were your thoughts on this series? Did it live up to the hype and are you interested in seeing more stories with characters from this world (as there was a follow-up, entitled The Kingdom)?
- Anything else that comes to mind.
That’s our mission for this week, League. Take to the skies and soar into one of DC’s absolute best mini-series of all time as Kingdom Come celebrates a quarter century of reimagining some of our best and brightest characters, while also charting a new path for them in the future that is to come.
As always, have fun, enjoy and take care, League!