Justice League Book Club Week 2: Justice League vs Suicide Squad

looks around

Good grief! Look at all these crumbs! We’ll need a vacuum cleaner to clean up this mess…

stares at @Vroom

3 Likes

puts down pizza

What, do I have a pepperoni on my chin again?

grabs a Justice League napkin and wipes his chin

Better?

These napkins…

…are cool, but where are the women? What, kids don’t want Wonder Woman at their party?

Those goofy kids. They don’t know what’s good for 'em!

3 Likes

Yes, that’s much better.

On a totally unrelated note, look at all the crumbs someone has left!

3 Likes

We need a straw, a hose and a suction device. If only someone would make a device that cleans up these things!

3 Likes

If only

staring at Vroom intensifies

If. Only.

3 Likes

Another pepperoni on my chin? Great Rao!

wipes chin

Okay, back to Week 3 doings.

3 Likes

Yep… er, well, I started a few weeks ago and used this as a prompt to continue :smiley:. I enjoyed it, it was a good story with really good art. I like how well it set up other things to come. (I also enjoyed some of the characters involved)

Hmmmm, good question… I would say… the League… seems like, I guess, less pressure… there’s pressure with each option, I mean, but just less lol.

3 Likes

Yes, totally. @scoop001, read Green Lanterns, you won’t be disappointed, I promise.

4 Likes

To say nothing of not having a bomb inside you that could be detonated at any time.

Sure, the squad would be fun (as @TheKateKane pointed out) but I’d like my mental sponge to be free of explosives too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s actually what I’m referring to by pressure lol

3 Likes

I thought so. :clark_hv_4:

I’m sure Waller enjoys not having to spend money on Advil and the like.

3 Likes

y’all need to learn to take some risks! :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m good. :grinning:

2 Likes

i think i could get Waller to like me :relieved:

2 Likes

Sorry for being a little behind – wanted to read all the tie-in material as well.

• Is this your first time reading Justice League vs Suicide Squad?

Nope – read it before, liked it then and now. It’s mostly fun superhero beat-'em-ups, and does it quite well.

• If you were tasked to join the League or the Squad, which would be your preference and why?

Like we said, obviously the League. Sure, more is probably expected of you, but at least you don’t have a bomb in your brainstem!

• What are your thoughts on these two distinctly different teams and what they ultimately do as the story progresses?

The League is, well, the League, they’re the best of the best. However, this story does highlight just how horribly things can go if they didn’t listen to their better natures.

The Suicide Squad is a team of villains, the worst of the worst, and the worst of them all, is, of course, Amanda Waller. She is a sick, twisted, Machiavellian narcissist who probably would have been the most sadistic supervillain in the DCU if she didn’t find a more proper outlet for it.

3 Likes

I read it as it came out. I’ve also read a couple of other tussles.

1. I’m joining the JLA. I’m a prefect fit with “whitebread” like Clark, Barry, Hal and Ray.

2. I think they did a good a job as possible to make everyone look good. Fabok’s art is just droolworthy. The plans within plans are always a thing when Waller and Batman are involved. I could see DC Animated loosely adapting this someday.

3 Likes

Looks at the date… :calendar:

Oh. :flushed: :sweat_smile:

Well hello there Justice League Book Club Tally-Ho! :wave: :sunglasses:

Onto the questions then. :nerd_face:

Indeed it was, and it won’t be the last either as it was a lot of fun reading through. :books:

Browses over everyone else’s responses… :spiral_notepad:

Yup… I’d say not having an explosive implant that Amanda Waller controls definitely has me on the League. :00_justice_league:

Also, the chance to work alongside Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, and the Green Lanterns… Can’t pass that up. :superman_hv_4:

Very interesting seeing where the teams went throughout the story. :thinking:

Batman sure does have some good reasons as to why a bunch of super villains running around is not a good idea, but ultimately viewing the good that the Squad does manage after… Well… A few hiccups here and there… Was nice seeing. :batman_hv_4: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Also… What a mission it is to take out a mind controlled League, and definitely think the Squad is the only team up for the task in doing that. :00_suicide_squad:

Thanks @TheKateKane for the questions. :clark_hv_4:

It was also on my reading list for a while as well. :joy:

Happy :cake: day @scoop001. :tada: :partying_face: :tada:

This is also an interesting reading order Jay_Kay. :sunglasses: :+1:

I happened to read it in this order
  • Suicide Squad #8
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 1, 2
  • Justice League #12
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 3
  • Suicide Squad #9
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 4, 5
  • Justice League #13
  • Justice League vs. The Suicide Squad 6
  • Suicide Squad #10

This was also a fun one as well CaptainYesterday and I’ll say some more about that in another thread at some point soon. :clark_hv_4:

3 Likes

Howdily-doodily, @ajm08g! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

No worries. Folks are welcome to relply whenever they’re able…even if it is to something that was posted close to a year ago. :wink:

I’m glad you enjoyed the read. JL vs SS is one of those minis I’ve enjoyed more and more with each consecutive read.

I look forward to your thoughts on the “OG” JL vs SS as well. :slight_smile:

Thanks for stoppin’ by, ajm (nice avatar, too :superman_hv_4:)! :wave:t2: :clark_hv_4:

2 Likes

Sounds good Vroom. :clark_hv_4:

I have each mission bookmarked so I may pop up in other threads soon enough. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Always a pleasure. :sunglasses: :+1:

Thank you also for the kind words on the new avatar. :smiley:
I had thought what would be a good Halloween one, and then seeing an angry Superman… I thought it might work since that’s one of the scarier things for me I’ve seen in our vast DC Universe… :sweat_smile: :halloween_superman:
And happened to grab it from reading one of our other missions. :00_justice_league:
:justice_league_book_club:

2 Likes

Cool beans! I’m honored that my picks are worthy of your bookmarks. :metal:t2: :clark_hv_4:

You’re quite welcome. Superman-related avatars always grab my four eyes. :wink:

You’ve got my vote to keep it post-Halloween, if you like. Its got a nice, year-round look to it that says “Superman isn’t ****ing around!”, which should go without saying, year-round. :grin:

Could you please refresh my memory on which mission it’s from, BTW? It looks painfully obvious as to where it originates, but I can’t quite place it, ATM.

2 Likes