Justice League Book Club Week 17: A Fun, Springtime Fresh Read for You

Hello, Justice League friends! :smile: I hope you enjoyed the last few weeks wherein we focused on Justice League and Justice League-related reads by Scott Snyder (you saw a certain movie by Zack Snyder too, yeah? :wink:). Now though, Spring has sprung and with it, a delightful read that fits the life-affirming, fresh-air, take a walk and smell the roses, time of year we are now in.

:books: Read:

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• Whatever you want. Have you read this tale before? Did it make you want to go out and sniff the air whilst enjoying a Duff (or whatever your preferred beverage is) in a blossoming, beautiful field of flowers as the birds carry a cheery tune nearby?

That’s the happs, League! I hope you enjoy this read and that you have a wonderful April Fool’s Day. :nerd_face: :superman: :00_cyborg: :00_aquaman_rebirth: :00_superman1: :00_daily_planet: :00_lc_green_lantern: :00_justice_league_extreme_justice: :0_catwoman:

9 Likes

Hello there Justice League Book Club! Tally-Ho! :wave: :sunglasses: :justice_league_book_club:

Talk about a Springtime Fresh Reading Vroom! :sweat_smile:

I had previously read some, and happy to have finished reading the rest of the tale now. :clark_hv_4:

It did and then some. :pleading_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

For me, I could break it into three different categories. :nerd_face:

Cool Image Moments

Seeing Black Canary becoming apart of the Green Lantern Corps was very cool!
Sorry about Hal though… And when she later made a construct of a megaphone to boost her Canary Cry… :star_struck: :00_lc_green_lantern:

Always nice taking a look at how Superman can see the world with his different visions. :superman:

Whoa is right Harley. :00_poison_ivy: :harley_eyebrowhqtas:

This was a really cool move on Jon’s part. :sunglasses: :+1:

Nice to see the good Doctor Fate and Zatanna join in with Constantine. :mage: :woman_mage:

Look at all those G.L.'s and just in time… Sort of… Since Anti-Life Superman did… Well… What he did. :sweat_smile:

Oh So Sad Moments

There were quite a few more that could be included as well. :pleading_face:

This one hurt since before this Superman checked on Pa to see if he could do anything, but saw he could do nothing… :sob:

This moment hurt with the helplessness I could feel from Black Lightning in this situation… Luckily it was not the end, but definitely got me when I read this… :pensive:

Funny Moments

Take that Darksied! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Mera is good at coming up with superhero names. :joy:

Nice conversation between Mr. Miracle and Big Barda. :grin:

Jolly good there John! :rofl:

I have to agree with Booster here… :joy:

Should have known better John! :face_with_monocle: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Perfection Lois! :no_good_woman:

And parenting at it’s finest. :superman_hv_4:

Don’t worry G.A. Even if Batman didn’t have a plan, you sure had hit your shots well. :bow_and_arrow: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

does his best Gomer Pyle impression

Well gollllly and Shazam, a response to the Week 17 read! Hoo-ha! :partying_face: :champagne:

ends Gomer Pyle impression

I love your picks, @ajm08g! :ok_hand:t2:

For me, I was surprised at how I liked DCeased. I wasn’t into it when the solicit for #1 came out, and while I bought #1 when it came out, it didn’t do much more for me.

But once I read the trade? Whoa, get back, Loretto! That’s when I really came to dig the whole affair.

Thanks for chiming in, ajm. Always a pleasure to read your thoughts. :slight_smile: :+1:t2:

3 Likes

That was a best April’s Fool joke ever, and I really fell for it! LOL! :joy:
This is a first time reading for me! :00_joker_card: :joker_side_eyehqtas:

3 Likes

Thank you Vroom. :clark_hv_4:

Interesting. Yeah, I was happy there were a lot of funny moments I could pick out as those tough moments… Oh man… :pleading_face: :sweat_smile:

And my pleasure as well. Justice League Book Club! Tally-Ho :grin: :justice_league_book_club:

3 Likes

Hi praise! Thank you kindly, Gipper! :penguin: hands over a Penguin-oriented gift basket

My favorite April Fool’s Day prank was when Bart shook up a can of Duff, which then caused an unintended explosion at the 'ol Simpson place.

Lou: “It looks like there’s an explosion at the Simpson place. There’s beer coming out of the chimney!”

Wiggum gets out of the car, then turns to Lou

Wiggum: “Call it in. I am pursuing on foot!”

Lou calls in an order for pretzels as Wiggum runs toward the Simpson’s home, his tongue hanging out of his mouth in anticipation of the flowing beer

Good thing Bart distracted that guy at the paint store, otherwise we wouldn’t have said prank to enjoy year after year.

3 Likes