Justice League Book Club Week 15: Snyder Fest '21 Begins!

Hello, Justice League-loving metal maniacs!

I hope you’re ready to bang your heads, because as we get ever closer to the March 18th debut of Zack Snyder’s Justice League on HBO Max, this week is all about Scott Snyder and METAL! Dark Nights: Metal that is! Yeah, bang your head! BANG IT! :metal:t2: :grin:

Put down your copy of Thrasher and check the following rad mag out:

:books: Read: Dark Nights: Metal

The core storyline is the focus for this week, but if you want to read ALL of this wicked-rad event, go for it as there’s no deadline to be finished by, so read at your leisure!

:speaking_head: Discuss:

• What moment of Metal made you bust out your finger horns and do a Wyld Stallyns-style air guitar?
  • Music compliments literature in a most badass way. Did you rock out to any metal tunes while reading our kickass read?

That’s the concert for the week, mosh pitters and rockers! I hope you have a wicked badass time with this most triumphant of hardcore comic events! Rock ON! :metal:t2: :guitar:

9 Likes

Rock On! My Reading Schedule has Friday as DC (Back-Issue) Friday, So I’ll be sure to binge it then!

4 Likes

Bit**in’! I look forward to your rockin’ thoughts on this stadium-thumping read!

3 Likes

Is the collab with the DCU Book Club still happening?

2 Likes

Why yes, Metal is indeed fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Noice!

2 Likes

I’m thinking of firing up a li’l Godsmack later on. Good idea or not?

3 Likes

Not sure what that is XD, but go ahead. Sounds fun!

2 Likes

Godsmack is a metal band from the '00s. I have no idea if they’re still around but I dug 'em at the time.

Here, have a taste if you like:

3 Likes

Lol, nice

2 Likes

There’s always System of a Down. Hungry for Chop Suey?

4 Likes

ajm08g steps up to a microphone and clears his throat

:microphone: Barbatos! Barbatos!

:microphone: Barbatos Pulling Batman’s Stingggzzzsss!

ajm08g then picks himself up and dusts off his jacket

:sweat_smile: Oh… Guess I got a little carried away there. That was pretty heavy.

:flushed: Sorry about the mess Vroom, but don’t worry I’ll clean that up.

Now… Hello there once again Justice League Book Club! Tally-Ho! :wave: :sunglasses:

Yup, I had to read through the whole event. :smile:

Quite interesting with all the tie-in books also associated with it. :face_with_monocle:

Some of the tie-in books I was not too thrilled in reading, but I guess served their purpose in the grand scheme of things since they were detailing the origins of all the Dark Knights which were not going to be… Well… Heroic in the sense of regular books in the DC Universe. So it made sense and was all good with me in the end. :sunglasses: :+1:

Ah yes… Quite some moments that’s for sure. :clark_hv_4:

Just a few... Here or there.

:superman_hv_4:

Oh yes! I made a metal playlist to listen to while I read had a good mix of Metallica, some Breaking Benjamin, Chevelle, Linkin Park, and Shinedown. :sunglasses: :metal:

Also side note Vroom that the latest from Godsmack I have heard is this song from now a few years ago. :sweat_smile:

Well now… On to the next one… Which I think is No Justice. :justice_league_book_club:

ajm08g then goes back to cleaning :broom: :broom: :broom:

1 Like

To paraphrase Gambit, of X-Men fame, there you are, @ajm08g! :partying_face:

Good to see you again mon frere, and thanks for chiming in (and for the BTTF nod and kick-ass tunes)! :metal:t2:

I hope to see you around more. :superman_hv_3:

1 Like

Good to see you as well Vroom. :clark_hv_4:

Indeed. Just have to make sure Perry doesn’t see me. :rofl:

Up, up, and away. :superman_hv_3:

1 Like

Thanks, Skip. :hugs:

You know…

motions for @ajm08g to lean in then speaks to him in a hushed tone

…I have a friend who says Stock Closet #5 is a swell place to hide, for when one should seek to duck Perry’s view.

leans back out and sips a Grape Soder

You just reminded me of Filmation’s The New Adventures of Superman, so for that, I thank you and gift you a ton of Cool Points.

slides over a fat sack of Cool Points in a bag big enough to make Santa Claus say “Damn. That’s a big bag.”

2 Likes

Say… 5 is a lucky number of mine… Now even luckier. :joy:

You’re welcome Vroom. :clark_hv_4:

Say, it was also fun seeing you cameo in a tie in book. :superman_hv_4:

Suicide Squad (2016-) #26 :00_suicide_squad:

Thank you, thank you. :sunglasses:

Now to figure out how much Soder I can get with them… :thinking: :cup_with_straw: :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey, 5 is a lucky number for me, too!

Go Team 5! :fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

SN: If you see a sign reading “Closed for…reasons.” hanging on the doorknob of Stock Closet #5, I am definitely not in there changing into my Conner Kent duds. Nope. Nuh-uh. No way!

makes “Always lock the door to Stock Closet #5 after you enter it.” mental note to himself

But, nope! I’m not changing into my CK duds in there. Ain’t no way!

makes additional mental note of “Put extra S-shield t-shirts in Stock Closet #5 when next in it.”

Hee-hee! Thank you. I’ve got my name in oodles of DC books. :wink:

If you go to the Big Belly Burger next to the theater the Whitty (not a typo :wink:) Banter Show is filmed in, they’ll give you a Gut Buster-size Thirst Demolisher for just 5 Cool Points.

Who says you can’t get a swell bargain these days?

2 Likes