Justice League Book Club Week 11: A New Era for A New Year

I got mine for like 35 dollars, if that helps.

3 Likes

Oh… Hello there again Justice League Book Club! Tally-Ho! :grin: :wave: :sunglasses:

Ah, this week’s reading… :face_with_monocle:

I had a lot of fun with it. I enjoyed the story and the art by Jim Lee… :astonished: :star_struck:

When I looked into the series I saw I had read #50 at one point and it got me thinking about why… :thinking:

And then I remembered! It was actually one of the first comics I read on DCU as I saw it was mentioned in one of the captions to start reading Rebirth. :sweat_smile:

Oh yes very much into DC prior to August 2011. :clark_hv_4:

I would say I was hooked as a young, young ajm08g watching Batman, Superman, Justice League The Animated series. And around the time of 2011 I believe I was figuring out how to deal with the airing of the final season of Smallville… Was more a watcher of DC content, but always wanted to get into reading comics and happy to have that chance now for the past 2 years and hopefully for many more. :smiley: :+1:

Well… I found to like a lot of moments and could probably narrow it down to 1 for each issue. :nerd_face:

Justice League (2011-) #1 Moment

Batman taking GL’s ring was also pretty funny. :joy:

Justice League (2011-) #2 Moment

Justice League (2011-) #3 Moment

This actually reminded me of Batman V. Superman when Diana was thrown back by Doomsday and smiled for the fight. :wonderwoman:

Justice League (2011-) #4 Moment

Thank you Mr. Jim Lee for this shot. :shark: :ocean:

Justice League (2011-) #5 Moment

Justice League (2011-) #6 Moment

Thank you Very Much Mr. Jim Lee for this shot! :star_struck:

Okay and now looking at all them again… Maybe the moment from 6 might be my favorite… :sweat_smile:

And… For the bonus points for 13 and 14… :grin:

Justice League (2011-) #13 Moment

I didn’t know what to think when I saw this… :flushed: :grimacing:
But it definitely was a moment! :open_mouth:

Justice League (2011-) #14 Moment

This was also quite unnerving… :fish: :eyes:

2 Likes

Woah. :astonished:

Didn’t realize how much time it took to put the rest of my other post together… :sweat_smile:

But this does help! Thank you. :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

I’m sorry, all I can think of is you reading on your tablet like:

:rofl:

2 Likes

:smile:

That is funny. I think I was too much in shock from seeing Cheetah’s bite being able to be effective against Superman’s skin. :fearful:

Overall this sums up well everything during that moment for me though. :sweat_smile:

And thankfully Superman returned to normal later. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

I should also add that the inkers did a phenomenal job as well! :sunglasses: :+1:

What also added to my enjoyment was possible Easter Eggs while reading. :egg:

Some I thought were from these moments. :thinking:

A Nod For Future State

From the cover of Future State I thought it was interesting Superman was in chains and maybe in the Future State story they might reference this time above.

A Nod to the Original JLA

And… When GL had his arm in a construct cast I was reminded of the time when GL did that in (I believe it was) Superman (1986-) #82 as a result of GL’s fight with Mongul. :gl_hv_2: :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

The chains thing I think is more of a reference to an iconic cover of Superman breaking through chains.

3 Likes

Oh nice! :sunglasses: :+1:

Whoops. I meant for instead of from Future State. Unless they had The Flash run to the future and back, then in would be a nod from Future State… :rofl: :flash_hv_1:

2 Likes

Funny you mention the Origin DE, as I might be getting it for my birthday. Looks like a rad hardcover.

Your other books are great too. Definitely some solid reads there.

2 Likes

Geoff Johns did an excellent job over the length of the series and this was my favorite title from the New52.

1. Read them as they came out. What a time, all roads open, Cyborg in the team for the first time since Super Friends, and all new first meetings.

2. 1975, my first comic was Justice League of America #118.

3. favorite moment?

try again Barry

As it turns out, this was my least favorite arc of the entire series.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree. It was a cause for celebration every time a new issue of Johns’ Justice League came out.

Prior to the debut of The New 52, Justice League was my absolute most anticipated wave 1 book, and it never disappointed.

Prior to The Darkseid War, the debut arc was my favorite.

However, once TDW began, that quickly became my favorite arc of the New 52 JL series, and still is, today. It’s great from start to finish.