Justice League Book Club Presents: The Blue and The Gold Watch-Along, Saturday, July 24th, 2021 at 3 PM Pacific/6 PM Eastern

Happy Saturday afternoon cartooning! :partying_face: :batparrot:

If you like good times, good characters, good TV and good people to enjoy fun stuff with, then this is YOUR Watch-Along! Check out the details below!

What: A Watch-Along starring Blue Beetle and Booster Gold, stars of Week 27 of the Justice League Book Club and the newly-released Blue and Gold #1.

We’ll be watching these fun fellers in:

• Justice League Unlimited, season 1, episode 7, “The Greatest Story Never Told” (featuring Booster Gold on his own in one of JLU’s very best episodes)

• Batman: The Brave and The Bold, season 2, episode 18, “Menace of the Madniks!” (featuring Blue Beetle and his bestest pal, Booster Gold)

Where and When: Right here, in this thread, this Saturday, July 24th, at 3 PM Pacific/6 PM Eastern.

Why: Because the Blue and Gold are awesome, and so is watching DC animation with your fellow DCUI/JLBC members! Whether you know plenty about Ted (Blue Beetle) and/or Michael (Booster Gold) or this is your very first time experiencing either character, I guarantee that you’ll have fun at this WAL! :superman_hv_4:

How it works:

• We begin at 3 PM Pacific/6 PM Eastern, so please be punctual and on time. :clock: If you’re running a bit late in the timestream, worry not, for we’ll get you caught up! :slight_smile:

• You’ll need one device (TV, computer, phone, etc) to watch the Blue and Gold on as you comment via another device (computer, phone, etc). It’s a 2 (devices) for 1 (Watch-Along) entertainment fiesta of two of DC’s best and greatest! :partying_face:

• After Justice League Unlimited, we will take a small break to allow everyone to switch over to our featured Batman: The Brave and The Bold episode, which will begin at
    3:30 PM Pacific/6:30 Eastern. You’ll have plenty of time between episodes to grab a snack, hop in your Time Bubble and get set for our next great adventure! :nerd_face:

• These episodes are available on DVD, Blu-ray, Digital HD and HBO Max. However you choose to watch them, please be ready to go at the assigned times. :slight_smile:

That’s all there is to it, friends! Mark your calendars, as I hope to see you right here in this thread, this Saturday afternoon, as we “energize!” (to quote Booster Gold) into two fantastically fun animated adventures starring DC’s greatest dynamic duo that you may (or may not) have heard of! :blue_heart: :00_booster_gold: :superman_hv_4:

4 Likes

Just a squidge over 8 hours to go! :partying_face:

If you have no idea who Blue Beetle or Booster Gold are, then this WAL is the perfect animation starting point for you to discover them by.

1 Like

I completely thought the MOTU WAL was today and this was next weekend. Don’t mind me, I might be in the middle of doing laundry but I will try to be here!!!

1 Like

The MOTU WAL was last night, but if you’re interested, we can do an impromptu WAL for it (in the existing thread) at a later point in the next few days.

If you find an Ambush Bug sock, would you slingshot it my way? I can’t find that thing anywhere.

Damn thieving sock gnomes. They’re almost as bad as South Park’s underpants gnomes, I tells ya.

1 Like

Sure thing!! This will be my last week where I get out of work at 5. After that, I am getting out of work at 9 every day and have Thursdays off and work Saturdays (getting out at 6 those days) every other week. I am also doing the Watchmen WAL which is at 10 and I think there are like 4 more days of that? Lol, leave it to me to make things as difficult as possible.

1 Like

You’ve every other Saturday off, then? Perfect time for WALs! :grin:

I’ve got a couple planned for my tie-ins to The Suicide Squad, FYI.

SN: Don’t eat the Tide Pods. :wink:

1 Like

I will be! I mean, 10-6 or 6:30 isn’t bad at all. I can sleep in and still get down with my bad self* at night.

*meaning I will be able to drink root beer and cream soda while watching nerdy cartoons or sleazy horror movies and reading comics

1 Like

Ah, yes. I get down with my bad self around that time as well.

“Bad self” pertaining to my late-night comic, MST3K, Simpsons and anime binges. :nerd_face:

1 Like

MST3K is a great way to spend the night or day. I am assuming you have the Shout Factory app on your streaming device? If you don’t have it, the app is free or you can pay $3 on Amazon and get it as a channel without commercials. They also have a nice selection of movies hosted by Elvira but as I am a weird physical media collector, I have all of those in pristine 720 on DVDs.

1 Like

MST3K is life. :nerd_face:

I do have Shout Factory TV and I luvs it. :hugs:

I was binging MASK while working yesterday. That show’s theme song is simple, yet very catchy.

1 Like

Just under four hours to go, Beetles and Golds. :grin:

1 Like

A little over 2 hours to go for WAL goodness!!!

57 minutes!!!

7 Minutes!!!

1 Like

I made it. :clark_hv_4:

Hello there everyone. :wave: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey!!! I paused on the WB logo. I am not sure if that will show up on the HBOMax version as I have purchased the full series on Vudu because they are finally on sale.

1 Like

Nice, a sale! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’ll double check by starting and seeing what I see and pause it. :sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Okay I hit play and then rewound it. Looks like it starts out the episode right away. :clark_hv_4:

There are a lot of DC things on sale right now over there. Then again, my main objective for my DC Vudu collection is to have a more expansive digital library than HBOMax. I am succeeding!

1 Like

Hey, gang! One minute to go!

2 Likes