Justice League Action!

Any love for Justice League action? I stayed away from it but after watching a few episodes its charming and stays true to the characters. Its my boys favorite depiction of the characters by far and something we can both watch and enjoy.

3 Likes

I started watching it when I found out Klarion was in it (he’s in TWO episodes!) but I quickly realized it’s hilarious and surprisingly in-character, so I watch it every so often! It’s a great show.

3 Likes

Justice League Action is a great show. It’s fun, packed with a huge assortment of characters and showcases wonderful casting (actor John DeLancie, Star Trek’s Q, as Brainiac?! Love it!).

Cartoon Network’s promotion of the show left alot to be desired. No surprise there TBH.

3 Likes

There’s also an episode where Mark Hamill plays all 4 of the characters, including himself! LOL.

2 Likes

@iJest That episode proves that Mark Hamill is indeed a treasure for all mankind (not that there was ever any doubt before).

Hamill also made for a pretty darn good Swamp Thing on Justice League Action.

4 Likes

Justice League action is great. I love its portrayal of firestorm

4 Likes

@specufictiongeek yes! Firestorm was so good, and I usually hate the way “young” characters are written. I liked Green Arrow, too.

2 Likes

Love the episode where people keep mistaking Booster Gold for Green Lantern!

2 Likes

@Vroom
There is quite a bit of doubt.
He is passable as a cartoon voice actor, but even there, there is a lack of tonal difference in his characters.

His Joker is virtually identical to his 1990 Flash series Trickster.

Having recently rewatch BTAS, I’ve reached the conclusion that his Joker was ok, but, ultimately, very mediocre.

1 Like

I have all the love in the world for Justice League: Action! :smiley: It’s the show that really helped cement my love for Firestorm. Plus, you know any series that features Zatanna has my seal of approval. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The Christmas episode is great, too!

2 Likes

While it is very geared toward kids, there is plenty for older fans to have that moment of “Nice!”

The episode where Athena tried to recruit Diana is really good.

I like their version of Klarion; a little more goth and not as screechy like on YJ.

2 Likes

Patton Oswalt as Space Cabby is one of the best recurring characters on the show.

1 Like

@AntLeon It’s because their version of Klarion is based on the comics :slight_smile:

1 Like

@iJest i didn’t know that. My first Klarion was from BTAS, and then YJ’s version kind of took center stage whenever i think of Klarion.

there was a halloween episode with Zatanna, Fate, Batman & Constantine that wasn’t too shabby either.

1 Like

I love Justice League Action. One of my rewatched shows! It’s silly and fun. There is an episode on YouTube where Superman wanted to be the bad cop and Batman was the good cop. I laughed so hard! I think it’s called Bad Cop so check it out!

2 Likes

I love JL action. I watch it on fire stick but it’s hit & miss. I did watch em’ as
they aired tho. Great character use. Klarion & Teekl, Stargirl, Zatanna, The Nuclear Family, Faust, Red Lanterns, Lobo, all the major leaguers. Short episodes, but right on the money. Few more just popped in my head, space-cabbie, Darkseid, Kanto, love the episode called meet the Kryptonians. Basically a spin off of meet the Kardashian’s. All around not a bad ep imho.

1 Like