Just started reading Green Lantern by Geoff Johns

I love his GL it’s one of the runs that really got me into comics as they had most of the run at the time at my library. Starting with Green Lantern: Rebirth (2004) he starts a decade + space epic that steam rolls right through the new 52 change up and only weakens when he hands the reigns to vendetti and he takes a bit to get his footing but then picks right back up and rocks hard until Morrison cut out everything except Jordan and sent the other GLs to find shelter in other team books.

1 Like

I’ve read the entire run and then I read it again and again. I love it. I would personally rate it a 9.5/10

@redhood, it’s solid. Green lantern is better than Green Lantern Corps though

The New 52 one or Green Lantern Rebirth one ?. Both runs are very good.

His Green Lantern run was amazing.

I wish he was still writing it now to be honest. Geoff Johns greatly expanded the green lantern mythos. He really knew how to tell grand stories.

I wish he was still writing it now to be honest. Geoff Johns greatly expanded the green lantern mythos. He really knew how to tell grand stories.

1 Like

His New 52 Green Lantern stories have been my favorites so far. Geoff John’s has made Green Lantern my second favorite superhero.

John’s GL run is one of the greatest comic book runs of all time. I would rate it in the high 9s. I envy you, @Redhood.55520 getting to experience that for the first time.

2 Likes

10 issues in and it’s going great! I never knew much about Hal other than he was a pilot and I knew how he became a green lantern. I love the arc with him and Ollie. And the Batman One was short and sweet. I’m looking forward to the interactions with him and John, Guy, and Kyle. And can’t wait for the Sinestro turning evil

1 Like

One of the best reads on here. Started & instantly hooked. Read entire Johns’ run straight thru, with minimal sleep. It’s that good. Read it all the day it was put on here. Been reading everything I can on here. Haven’t missed yet. So many great comics on here. Enjoy!!!

2 Likes

Just finished the arc with Hal and Guy rescuing other GL members from the man hunters. I wonder how Hal will gain the trust of the GL again. Guy has been loads of fun so far

I just started it as well. Up to Revenge of the Green Lanterns. It’s great so far!

1 Like

What issue is that?

As the great Stan Lee would say–ENJOY!!

1 Like

I really want to meet Sinestro

2 Likes

Sinestro is great in this series. So is Atrocitus, I gained a whole new perspective on him and the Red Corps.

2 Likes

Gonna read some more issues tonight

1 Like

Just finished this entire run. Probably the best series I’ve ever read. Sad to see it end.

1 Like

Nice

1 Like