Just started reading Green Lantern by Geoff Johns

I just started reading it. I have heard great things and would love to dive into Green Lantern! Have you guys read Green Lantern? If so, how would you rate it?

10 Likes

It’s absolutely one of the best comic runs ever. It covers all u need to know if u can’t do Silver Age. Goes way beyond it too, with breathtaking art & storytelling.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to start this one next week. I’m looking forward to it.

3 Likes

Bought every issue of his run as they came out. Absolutely love it.

1 Like

Bought all 3 omnibuses of his run. Totally enjoyed it!
However, they don’t have the Blackest Night event here (The issues labeled Blackest Night are only GL tie-in). I would highly recommend to read it elsewhere if you can when you get there, since it’s really the climax of his run.

I’ve never read a GL comic or really cared much for the characters…UNTIL I started reading this run. I’m halfway through and it’s just been amazing.
Now I’m sneaking off during lunch to read it and buying Green Lantern t-shirts.

2 Likes

I am very much looking forward to snuggling up with the GL run. Can not wait! :smiley:

2 Likes

Ermagash we just posted an article on this in the News section!

4 Likes

Johns’ GL from the original Rebirth series through the Blackest Night event is 10 of 10. One of the greatest.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the New 52 portion of his run :wink:

4 Likes

One of the best! Revolutionized GL and his universe

I was just finishing this up when they added all the new comics and I got distracted by some other stuff. Plus, now I can go catch up on the Green Lantern Corps issues they didn’t have before. Speaking of which, it’s better if you read GLC concurrently with the main GL book. They cross over once or twice and are both really good (for the most part - GLC switched writers a few times during that era and some of them were better than others). Just follow the cover dates and alternate between them. At this point, I think all we’re missing on here is the first issue of the Sinestro Corps War storyline (easy enough to pick up what’s going on, but that was a one-shot not in GL or GLC) and the actual Blackest Night event book (which is what everything else is building up to - the main plot weaves through Blackest Night itself and the Green Lantern tie-ins, though there’s some quasi-important stuff in the Green Lantern Corps tie-ins too).

Regardless of all that, it’s an absolutely fantastic book. Even if you haven’t previously been a Green Lantern fan, it’s very beginner-friendly and is probably some of the best content the GL franchise has to offer.

Geez, Geoff Johns is the greatest Green Lantern writer. His stories were strong and interesting all the way through to the end of his run. He was able to revolutionize GL in a way no one else before him could. His run is a definitive 10/10

Only second to his flash run but both are so so so good!!

People who have GL over Flash are completely valid also both are great and johns at his peak!

1 Like

Its johns-ish, but once you finish gl and flash, check out the booster gold issues they have on here

1 Like

I just finished #9. Love Batman in that one

1 Like

Yes Red Hood. I’m about one volume ahead of you !

1 Like

How’s it going?

1 Like

I’m thru Blackest Night and nearing the end (up to #65). What a GREAT RUN.

I ended up buying Blackest Night, Brightest Day and Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns collections on Comixology to compliment it. While they were all cool, I don’t think any were required reading.

Near the end the story jumps between Green Lantern Corps and Emerald Warriors. DCU has done a good job to make sure these issues are available so the arc stays in tact.

Nice!