Just Learned Something Spooky

So, I just came across a 1939 Superman story in which the Man of Steel investigates the gunshot-related murder of a man… named Jack Kennedy.

Pretty freaky, huh? Seems one of the DC writers was a time travelled warning us of things to come.

6 Likes

This is a terrible tragedy! I’m going to go back in time and prevent… then again, this could be a real career opportunity!

2 Likes

Interesting stuff. Do you know what issue it is?

2 Likes

That is super spoopy!

2 Likes

@Awesome Squid… there goes the timeline

2 Likes

It makes you wonder what kinds of similar prophecies we’re missing now. Any Sue Dibnys out there, watch out!

4 Likes

@biff_pow No doubt! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Well wouldnt know actually picked up this very issue a few days ago. I just started reading it a few minutes ago and caught the Jack Kennedy reference. However this is not a Golden Age story. It’s from “Secret Origins: The Golden Age Superman.” Its from a 1986 and a re-telling of Action Comics #1 in honor of Earth-2 Superman (the original Superman). So nothing spooky here. The story’s written by Roy Thomas and the character of Jack Kennedy is Union leader whose been wrongfully arrested for a murder he didn’t commit.

Whats spooky is how I just stumbled on this tonight.

1 Like

Sorry for the grammatical errors. I took a muscle relaxer about an hour ago so I’m a lil loopy.

2 Likes

Oh shucks! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

There’s an issue of Action Comics (I don’t recall the number offhand) that came out just before President Kennedy was assassinated, where Superman met Kennedy.

A sad coincidence.