Just for Laughs - DC Memes

8 Likes

Brb shipping Bane and Kingsnake to make him mad

7 Likes

I BEG your pardon

Is this about the wondertwin smoothie thing or

Is there something I am not aware of

6 Likes

Mr. Dixon sir if you want to write “apolitical” comics maybe pick a hero who’s not Ollie Freakin’ Queen

7 Likes

Well, this wasn’t what I expected to learn today. :frowning:

To make this post funny here is a Tim meme that I’m sure has been posted in here already but made me laugh when I saw it today:

8 Likes

9 Likes

8 Likes

I don’t know why I was surprised to find out Grant Morrison and Gerard Way are friends

7 Likes

9 Likes

Sorry for bringing up Dixon’s homophobia again, but I have to point out that the reason why Dixon stopped writing Big Two comics was because, of all things, the Marvel western hero The Rawhide Kid being gay in a Marvel MAX miniseries.

7 Likes

@biff_pow it’s been four days I can’t live like this please give me answers

5 Likes

The artist really said “Yes sir Mr. Dixon sir, make it as homoerotic as I possibly can, duly noted.”

8 Likes

i think Dixon’s fevered brain was trying to make the point that making a character gay is a random and aberrant attention-seeking stunt akin to making them a cannibal. (it’s possible he was conflating them morally, too, but i instantly stopped caring what that guy thinks!)

8 Likes

I loved the old Rawhide kid comics (back in the Stan Lee and Jack Kirby era). I read the Dixon mini-series a few years ago when I learned it existed. As I recall, it was a strange series that had a few good moments in it, but was mostly an uncomfortable read. After I read it I did a little research and found out about how controversial it was.

The reddit article was interesting. Another case of “Never meet your heroes”.

7 Likes

(Constantine and Willoughby Kipling)

11 Likes

9 Likes

I feel like this insults everyone that I like other than Alex Ross.

8 Likes

This is great :laughing:

5 Likes

And with looking up guides.

6 Likes

9 Likes