Just for Laughs - DC Memes

I would like to state for the record that I voted for him to live.

Parents get phone bill “Who called this 900 number?”
Me: “Uhhh…”

8 Likes

Meanwhile I’m apart of the generation that missed the original poll, but got to vote (on multiple polls for some reason) on DCU.

Being a Jason Todd fan is weird, nobody votes and wants him to die as much as we do, though I like to use the Death in the Family path selection movie for my argument over if his death is necessary today in order to become RH.

8 Likes

Interesting argument. I’ll have to mull it over when I read more comics he is featured in.

I just couldn’t believe at the time we were getting polled for a character’s death. I also can’t believe the call cost like 50 cents, which is around $200 in today’s money. :smile:

8 Likes

Okay, I’m not going to lie, I think its really cool that you experienced this part of comic book history and sharing it with me.

I have a big book of Robin stories that was released during Robin’s 80 year anniversary, which includes interviews from comic writers and Burt Ward and their experiences with their specific Robin.

For Jason’s section of the book, Dennis O’Neil had explained that most people at DC does blame his death on the fans, but that he actually had both the death path and the life path stories written and ready in his desk drawer, waiting for the final results of the poll.

8 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd

I am glad you are enjoying it. I am glad to share. You know what’s really funny is that I had half forgotten about it until I read @biff_pow’s comment. I’ve been here on the forums and reading all kinds of DC books for the past year or two but it didn’t really strike me until just now, which doesn’t make a great case for my memory. Then again, it was over 30 years ago.

I was into Batman at the time from Dark Knight Returns and Batman Year One and was picking up issues here and there of Detective Comics and Batman. I remember some buzz at the local comic shop, but I didn’t have any friends who read comics, and I didn’t have access to Usenet newsgroups until college. So, it was just me and the telephone and the slim hope that I wouldn’t get yelled at for spending 50 cents on a phone call. (Worth it. I think I’ll bring it up to Mom next time I call her).

It really brings to mind how great this forum is. I never had any friends who were into any of my nerd interests in High School, although I certainly did in college. And now I get to share with my online pals, which is great!

7 Likes

also available in Aquaman-snubbing form

i do like how Hawkgirl doesn’t seem to know what’s happening or want to be involved in the first one

13 Likes

16 Likes

That sound you’re hearing in the distance is Alan Moore praying to his snake god to strike DC in their sleep.

8 Likes

12 Likes

10/10 feel like I’ve been transported back to 2004.

7 Likes

12 Likes

I absolutely LOVE the pineapple and corn!!!

6 Likes

14 Likes

I’m confused, why did you post the same picture twice? :00_aquaman_rebirth:

8 Likes

TIL that Batman just fades away :rofl:

7 Likes

Same energy:

10 Likes

Also, my favorite “Think, Mark, Think!” yet:

16 Likes

geek-Batman-DC-Comics-fandoms-6509836

15 Likes