Just Earned Beginning Hero

Thank you also I’m digging the Martin Manhunter aka John Jones doesn’t get enough respect in my book @NYJt3

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @jsmsiggy! Congratulations on your badge achievement! It sounds like you’re already digging in and enjoying all of the awesome things here on DCU! :grinning:

2 Likes

One of us~ One of us~

4 Likes

Gooble Gobble … Gooble Gobble

4 Likes

@TravisMorgan I can happily walk away from the computer knowing at least one person recognized that :rofl:

3 Likes

@CynicalPink Gotta love Freaks! From the director of the original Dracula.

3 Likes

@TravisMorgan Scared me more than most modern horror! Though I wonder if I watched it nowadays, I’d find it more sad…hmm…

3 Likes

@CynicalPink I find it both scary and sad. How the big lady broke his heart is sad and the revenge is scary.

4 Likes

@TravisMorgan Definitely! It has a lot of layers. Maybe I need a rewatch. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@CynicalPink I feel dumb asking but what’s the movie you guys are talking about. :joy:

2 Likes

@jsmsiggy :joy: Dont feel dumb! I don’t think it’s really known by most people. It’s a horror film from the 1930s about a woman trying to pull a con on a bunch of circus “freaks”/outsiders from society. At one point, they try to happily welcome her into the “family,” and start cheering, “One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble!”

It looks goofy as heck typing it out, but it majorly creeped me out when I saw it. :sweat_smile: and welcome to the community! Sorry to make your thread go off topic!

3 Likes

Don’t feel dumb. Every time @Vroom or @TravisMorgan makes a movie reference, I’m left completely in the dark.

3 Likes

Thanks guys

1 Like

@CynicalPink no problem on going off topic .

3 Likes

Yay! You got promoted @jsmsiggy!
Congratulations!:slightly_smiling_face:

February 23 2020

3 Likes

Derek Smalls: “These go to 11.”

Marty DiBergi: “Why don’t you just make 10 louder?”

Derek looks at the speaker, thinks for a moment and then looks at Marty

Derek: “These go to 11.”

The above is from This is Spinal Tap. The film was released in 1984 and is quite funny.

You’re not in the dark on that one, @Behemoth. :bulb: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yeah. I feel a lot of the time he can get thrown to the sidelines. It’s not a bad thing sometimes (as he’s a great support to his friends) but would be nice to see him shine a bit more.

4 Likes

@Thebatman.7002 @CynicalPink @TravisMorgan and everyone else how is your Sunday going

4 Likes

Hi @jsmsiggy, thanks for asking about my Sunday. It’s a beautiful day here! The sun is out and it’s a balmy 42 degrees. I’ve been playing ball with my dog Charlie and cleaning the house. So I’m having fun and being productive. I can’t ask for more. I hope your Sunday is going well! Give us an update.

2 Likes

Today is the kind of day where I just want to sleep.

3 Likes