JSA (1999-2006): The Best Justice Society Book Ever?

Even as child, I was drawn to reprints of Jay Garrick and back-up features of Wally West. I loved super-spectaculars with reprints of whole issues of All-Star Comics. The '70’s All-Star run was one of favorite books as a child, and it holds up a lot better than my other comics love, the Teen Titans, or even a lot of Legion books of the same period. I do not dismiss or lack affection for the silver age heros of the Justice League, then or now— (nor do I hate Marvel LOL) but something about the originals and the legacies always works for me.

1 Like

It’s easily my favorite combo of the JL. JLD is right there as I love the Magic realm of DC. The JLA, JLI, JLE,etc. are all right there too. The JSA is just a little above them for me. So long winded answer, yes, the JSA is my favorite combo.

1 Like

I misunderstood the question. Coincidentally, yes @Vroom that is my favorite JSA series. Even the covers are amongst my favorites.

The 1992 series is also very good. They just need to get to releasing that one digitally.

It’s only my favorite series ever. I really miss JSA and wish they’d bring it back again.

1 Like

I’m starting JSA soon for my read through of every one of Grant Emerson’s apperences, and this thread is making me more excited! I find Geoff Johns’ writing to be kinda hit or miss for me, so I hope this is a hit.
-C

2 Likes

If you’re talking about Damage, he doesn’t join the team until the 2007 justice society of america, but this series is still a great read! You can skip straight to Justice Society of America without reading this series if you want though. Damage is on the Titans during this period of time. JSA has a lot of amazing arcs and cool characters and I’d definitely recommend reading it, you might be pleasantly surprised even if it doesn’t have the character you want.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I got the two titles mixed up in my head since I’m so used to abbreviating Justice Society of America to JSA in my head. That being said, I just googled JSA (1999) and saw Jack Knight and Dinah Lance in the cover so it’s become a must read.
-C

1 Like