Josh Trujillo Q&A and Exclusive Giveaway!

Good afternoon Josh, was your first job working in a family business just like Blue Beetle?

3 Likes

Looking forward to what Blue Beetle has in store for the rest of the year! Any favorite Blue Beetle villains besides the Reach?

3 Likes

You ever thought about giving Jaime a love interest?

2 Likes

What do you think Jaime can learn from Ted Kord–and do you think there are some things Ted can learn from Jaime?

2 Likes

When you graduated from high school or college what do you remember from either ceremony that really stands out?

2 Likes

What do you think Brenda and Paco want to do when they grow up? (Well I know they graduated high school lol but I mean a couple of years down the line)

3 Likes

Which superhero team fits Jaime best? Teen Titans, Justice League, JLI, other?

3 Likes

Wow this is so cool! June 23rd happens to be my B-Day so that’s cool!! For my question, it’s a little hard to explain. Every writer changes some characteristics of a character, what would you say inspires your characterization of Jaime?

3 Likes

Do you think that Jaime would have if given the chance, redone anything in his life? If so, which event specifically?

2 Likes

Are the questions for Josh Trujillo limited to being about Graduation Day or can we ask about his other, non-Jaime, work for DC? Because those I have and I’ve not yet read Graduation Day.

3 Likes

I’m curious when creating Graduation Day, when did the concept of Scarab War come about or was it something you and the rest of the creative team always had in mind, and did knowing you were writing a follow up cause any changes to the story of Graduation Day?

4 Likes

You can definitely ask non-Graduation Day questions!

3 Likes

Hi Josh, What were your favorite comic heroes through school?

3 Likes

I’ve got two questions, if that’s permitted, with the first one being the one I’d like answer, if only one is permitted:

How did you come to work on Superman: Man of Tomorrow issue 20 and what was the impetus for the story idea for what was essentially a one shot on that digital first series, The List - was this title pitched to you by editorial, or the other way around; did you have any say in working with Stephen Byrne, and did you actually get to collaborate with Byrne at all, or was it merely editorial sending your script along to him and then the galleys come back? Other than the Pride issue or things like it, was this one of the few circumstances you got to work with another out LGBT creator?

Second question is quick and simple: how do you like working on video games versus comics and which came first, and which is harder?

3 Likes

When you’re working on a character that is not as well established for many DC fans how do you balance exposition and story to make sure all readers know who the characters are and what is happening but also moving the story along at a pace that keeps it compelling?

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that I really like this question!

1 Like