Jonah Hex Movie Review

Movies hurts me because I’m actually a big fan of the character. But at least it’s short and somewhat painless. What did everyone else think of it?

4 Likes

I watched it for the first time two nights ago and I have to admit that I was disappointed. It felt long and boring at times even though it was a shot movie. Honestly, I enjoyed the BTAS episode with Jonah Hex much more than this movie.

2 Likes

It’s an okay watch, not great. If you’re going to make a movie why not have a good script. I really like Brolin as Hex, though.

3 Likes

Brolin is a perfect Hex. I think Jonah Hex story and character lends itself more to a tv show than a movie. Take time to show him as a soldier turned bounty hunter. I think an HBO series would do a fantastic job at the property. I highly recommend reading the comics, those are fantastic n

3 Likes

I would love to see a Jonah Hex show on here!

3 Likes

The Oval Office didn’t even exist yet when Grant was a President, but to enjoy the movie I was willing to over look that. I thought it was a good film, not great but good. :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I actually saw it in the theatre. As a huge Jonah Hex fan I was disappointed. I thought Josh Brolin was perfect as Hex, but the film really could have benefited from a better script.

3 Likes

I thought it was okay at best. I liked Josh Brolin as Jonah Hex but the way the script was written they severely under utilized his talent. Personal opinion.

3 Likes

It seems everyone at least agrees Brolin is a very good Hex!

3 Likes

Jonah Hex vs. Thanos. Now there is a film I would watch. Bring back Megan Fox for the flimsiest of gratuitous reasons.

2 Likes

Haha I would watch that. Off topic, I actually like Megan Fox but some roles are just ridiculous. Like this new movie coming out where she’s a leader of mercenaries I just cant take seriously.

1 Like

I was being facetious and there is really no call for it. Megan did some of her best work in “Jennifer’s Body” as she knows intimately that guys don’t pay to see her act.

I liked it. Lots of starpower.

1 Like

I haven’t decided if I’m going to watch this again or not, but when it came out I was very, very disappointed. Jonah Hex could’ve been a great western noir instead of whatever the heck that was.

3 Likes

Brolin was a great choice for Hex, but such a poor product couldn’t be overcome. It wasn’t horrible more in the Meh category, and failed as a western as well.

2 Likes

just watched. it was fun, kinda mass produced, but if you like the genre (zero subtlety revenge themed western) then you know what to expect and you get it. wouldn’t recommend it to friends who weren’t already fans of the character, probably.

I must say, I didn’t know this was ever in theaters so I was very confused to see it on DC Universe with no fanfare or PR whatsoever. that’s a lot of star power for a film no one tried to convince me to pay to see… and I’m the target audience.

2 Likes

I think Jonah Hex is one of those genre films that Warner Brothers lost all faith and confidence in but they had spent money to make it so released it to zero fanfare ensuring it would be lost to the mists of time and studio apathy.
I will watch Megan Fox in anything. I have no subtlety in that respect.

1 Like