Jonah Hex Love

With a Jonah Hex omnibus finally being released next year lets hear your Jonah Hex love. I love the character, granted the Josh Brolin movie wasnt the best but Jonah Hex rules. Why are there no action figures or if their is its very hard to find? Tell me you all love Jonah Hex.

5 Likes

Have you seen his appearances on Legends of Tomorrow? He was on it two or three times.

2 Likes

It’s on my radar. The six or so issues I read on here, I thought was really good. I am a fan of Western television and movies too. I’m going to read a couple more today.

1 Like

Yes but when I think of Jonah Hex I now think of Josh Brolin lol. I just want DC to rerelease one of his action figures now

I would like to give that movie another watch after my renewed interest in the character. Brolin, starred in one of the greatest neo-westerns ever made, “No Country for Old Men.”

2 Likes

Jonah Hex is fun. Lately, he’s been a co-star in Wonder Woman Giant.

There are Jonah Hex action figures. DC Direct, Mattel and Neca flavors come to mind. People just think they’re worth mote than they really are and overprice them, then wonder why they don’t sell.

2 Likes

I noticed that on EBAY its the same with OMAC he is hard to find or overly expensive

1 Like

I love Jonah so much I started a bookclub in the comics section to read the full all star western series over the month of June.

In general, I love westerns. Hex is a straight forward, no nonsense, calls-it-like-he-sees-it character. He’s incredibly entertaining.

3 Likes

How did I miss this book club

I love Hex. The Brolin suffered the same as the GL movie. The bad movie killed the character’s momentum. Wow they really cast Brolin as Jonah freakin Hex and they f’ed it the f up!

1 Like

*The Brolin movie.

1 Like

I loved him in all of his cartoon appearances. I never saw the movie, but have heard nothing but bad things about it. That’s a shame, because Josh Brolin is an amazing actor, and the character is good enough to get a movie. Maybe if they tried it again with Brolin in the lead (he has said he’d like to play the character again), and make it more like the original comics, and have the movie directed by someone like Quentin Tarantino, who actually knows a thing or two about Westerns (having directed two of my personal favorites), then Josh Brolin can just snap his fingers and the old, crappy movie will fade into nothing.

1 Like

Gray and Palmiotti scripted their Hex run with proper edge.

2 Likes

The original Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti run was so good. Like phenomenal good. Every issue. The All Star Western continuation had a different tone but it still made a nice cap on their run.

Needless to say I love Jonah Hex. One of my all-time favorites.

2 Likes

Anything from Bronze Age is good when it comes to Jonah Hex

2 Likes

I loved new 52 All star Western especially the issues in Old Gotham how Jonah just hated it there. So funny.

1 Like

I liked the run in the 80s when he went to the future

1 Like

@Bretvonlock I just finished the new 52 all-star western. Loved it. I want more titles like that.

1 Like

I also enjoyed Hex, the story where he went to a post-apocalypse future. It ended on quite a cliff-hanger that was never resolved to my knowledge. I think it ended right as Crisis on Infinite Earths wrapped, so I guess that whole continuity was reset anyway.