Jon

Tell me I’m not the only one completely hurt over the BS Bendis is pulling. I wish there were a way we could get this crap reversed.

5 Likes

I’m giving him time to tell the story and watch that status quo change. It’s just frustrating that its taking so long

3 Likes

What is he doing

What is he doing

It’s not like there won’t be any more young Jon stories. Adventures of the Super Sons is still ongoing, and after that he’s getting a DC ZOOM series.

3 Likes

HubbyCityQuestion, The DC Zoom series is not canon, and Adventures of The Super Sons is half over. After that, Jon is never going to be the same. This BS is lazy. Bendis admitted that aging him up was all him, and he probably just didn’t want to write a kid, so instead of handing him off to another writer or letting Tomasi keep Super Sons, he aged him up and robbed him of the chance to grow up with his friends and us the chance to watch him grow up, like we’ve gotten with every other young character.

2 Likes

I’m hoping we start to slowly find out that Jon has become insane from all that time he spent in space with Jor El and he becomes evil.

2 Likes

If there are any fans of the tv show Angel out there it would basically just be like what they did with Connor which I think would be cool

1 Like

Its comics, so there’s probably a way to fix it. I dunno how an older Jon is going to stay relevant though. Connor already fills that 16-19 year old Superboy role, Jon is old enough to stop hanging with his parents and Damian.

4 Likes

Does what is and isn’t canon really matter, as long as they continue being published? It’s an infinite multiverse out there.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure why they aged Jon so much (or at all). If he had to be aged for some reason, then I think aging him to Damian’s age +/- a year would have still had the ‘parents lost significant time with him’ and ‘Jon grew up alone with crazy space grandpa’ angles without stepping away from Super Sons type stories and competing with both Conner and Kara for older-teen Super stories.

4 Likes

Well, yes, HubCityQuestion. For one thing, DC Zoom is a children’s line and would take away from their characters, for the more mature readers. Another problem is that it still doesn’t fix Jon. Jon, as we know him, is gone forever, because Bendis is a hack. DC Zoom Jon will likely be completely different from his Rebirth counterpart. The only similar thing is his proper age. Yes, it does matter.

2 Likes

Yeah, I hate what Bendis has been doing too. He took a new, unique and popular addition to the supermythos. And changed him in a way that makes him redundant with Conner back. Plus now Lois looks like a horrible person for ditching him. I hope this gets reversed eventually.

1 Like

I never really bought Lois as the caring mother though. Classically Lois Lane was the prototypical strong independent women .She was also kinda mean and sasdy Everything before Bendis was just Clark or Jon in a dangerous situation and her in the background crying. Say what you want to about Jon but Bendis knows how to write Lois Lane well.

2 Likes

Bendis has confirmed that he’s written a script for a meeting between Jon and Damian. We’ll see when and how it goes!

1 Like

I’m so angry at him

3 Likes

Nathan, I really don’t even care to see Damian’s and Jon reunited. A strong friendship with then would feel weird now, with Jon being so much older. A year away from legal adulthood. It ain’t right. Jon’s character would’ve been better served had Bendis found a respectful and epic way to kill him off.

3 Likes