Jon Cryer is Lex Luthor on Supergirl

IMDB posted a link to an article with the news about the casting. Fitting casting and we all knew Lenny would end up like his uncle.

2 Likes

I really thought they’d get Rosenbaum to reprise his Smallville role, but, Cryer is cool

So Lenny Luthor (“Superman IV”) is the new Lex Luthor, huh? If he doesn’t refer to Kara as the “Dudette of Steel” I’ll be disappointed. :joy:

2 Likes

I knew the name was familiar. not sure about this casting but interesting. He can either be a big surprise or as bad as Jesse Eisenberg

This is hilariously awesome casting.

Maybe they’ll have a scene where someone is walking up to Lex at his desk while he’s in the midst of a phone call that’s gone south. He’s sitting in a leather chair looking outside and you hear him say “Shut up Charlie!” and he slams the phone down before swiveling around to look at the person at his desk. That person says “Is there a problem Mr. Luthor?” as they hand him a paper and he chuckles lightly, saying “Not anymore.”

Highly doubtful, but one can imagine =)

1 Like

Such a horrible casting decision

Good casting

2 Likes

You cant blame them for this, they’ve recieved nothing but praise for bringing in Helen Slater, Dean Cain, Lynda Carter, John Wesley Ship, Amanda Pays, Terri Hatcher, ect.
It means I’m watching at least one more episode of Supergirl.

1 Like

NO GIVE ME ROSENBAUM

1 Like

Another Jump The Shark moment for Supergirl.

2 Likes

Maybe he will surprise us? How could anyone be as bad as Jesse Eisenberg? Too bad Lena’s mom isn’t an old hag (which more represents they character she portrays in the series) then they could shave Clancy Brown’s head and voila–there’s your Lex Luthor.

1 Like

But why tho

1 Like

I’m assuming the casting director liked his audition

2 Likes

That, and Cryer’s previous involvement with Superman material.

1 Like

His casting is fine, but Lex was completely unneeded.