Joker was GREAT!

Saw this last night. All in all a great movie. Definitely NOT your typical superhero fare. Almost no fan service or Easter eggs.
I’m still ruminating over the movie itself and if it has any real depth to it, but I can say Joaquin Phoenix deserves an Oscar for his performance.
Not for kids though!

14 Likes

Yes indeed. I loved it so much and was left in awe at what I watched. Nothing short of spectacular.

3 Likes

I watched it twice loved it

2 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet but the reviews I’ve seen so far say that it’s boring so I’m glad that people think it was good, I’ve been looking forward to it

2 Likes

The film is boring until the last half hour but, even then it seems as though Phoenix’s character just does things with no thought as to why he does them. Also this film breaks batman continuity.

1 Like

I LOVED THE MOVIE!!!

3 Likes

It was an amazing movie really hope they make another :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s one of the more scary and depressing films you’ll ever see.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 48 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Martianmango…time to put up or shut up. Name me five movies with music in them by at least seven different artists.

1 Like

@MartiaMangoHunter I respect your choice but sorry that you are missing out on a great movie

2 Likes

Lots of movies have used it in the past. It is also still a commonly used song at every American sporting event including ones you likely have attended. I doubt it mattered then to you.

I do respect your opinion though

2 Likes

It was an incredible movie. It’s funny, OP talks about how there’s no easter eggs, but honestly there is a good amount. I mean, the interview on the late night show was very evocative of the scene from Dark Knight Returns, and there are other little subtle ones too, especially when you look at set photos of the subway system (which I would post myself but I don’t have clearance for it yet).

1 Like

It was an incredible movie. I hope they continue these type of movies.

1 Like

It ‘‘twas amazing. Maybe my favorite comic book movie since the Dark Knight.

1 Like

It’s my 3rd favorite cbm behind V for Vendetta and Mos. I hope Wb proceeds whith that SC black I’ve been hearing about.

1 Like

Definitely the best movie I’ve seen this year.

1 Like

Oh, I totally enjoyed Joker. Waiting for my mom to come with to see it twice.
What I enjoyed most was how the story was more of a character analysis of a POSSIBLE (NOT CONCRETE) Joker origin than another spectacle of powers. Remember that we don’t know entirely who is telling the story. So this backstory can change in recount.
I loved how it took that failed comedian story and ran with it in a heavily Scorsese inspired chain of events. Things had cause and effect. This isn’t Batman driving on rooftops without them buckling from the weight. This is Arthur’s descent from damaged and fragile man just trying to make it all work, to the face of anarchy. Some may say it’s an ascension rather than descent.
In short, I felt and still feel Joker to be one of their strongest silver screen stories without the need of set pieces and spectacle of high fuel action.

1 Like

Boring , slow , seems like the joker thing was attached to it last minute to get bigger box office. Wasn’t very good at all

1 Like

I’ve seen it twice now. It’s a masterpiece.