Joker’s Most Evil Acts?

For 80 years, The Joker has towered as the Clown Prince of Crime in Gotham. In that time, we’ve seen him form many plots and schemes, as well as commit endless crimes. So many, in fact, that there are certainly far, far more crimes than there are years he’s existed in DC canon.

And now, we’re going to celebrate 80 long years of diabolical acts by counting down 80 of his worst deeds. Have a terrible crime the Joke committed? Leave it below!

5 Likes

Well, there was that one time he tried to trademark the concept of fish, and threatened the life of every copyright lawyer who wouldn’t comply. That was a high watermark in my book.

7 Likes

I’d say that tricking Superman into killing Lois and their unborn child along w/ rigging a nuclear bomb to destroy Metropolis when her heartbeat stops has to be up there among the most evil things any DC villain has ever done

6 Likes

Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #3

This ranks up near the top for me- this was an innocent group of boyscouts out for a night of fun, who were unfortunate enough to cross paths with the Joker…

3 Likes

Batman #574

4 Likes

Turning down a cookie in The LEGO Batman Movie. Who does that? True evil…

@TheTerribleToyman, that’s from NML! Other people read that! My heart is warm.

4 Likes

He almost faced the IRS he was on the edge of his most evil deed.

4 Likes

@TheBatgirlofNML Oh 100%- No Man’s Land was fantastic. You can feel it’s influence on The Dark Knight Rises, Arkham City, and season 2 of Harley Quinn.

5 Likes

Joker’s Last Laugh #1

2 Likes

JLA #11

It was bad enough that they killed as many as they did, but here the Joker rubs salt in the open wound with ‘trick coffins’ for the children. And the thought of it makes him laugh…

2 Likes

Most messed up has to be when he made the Bat-Fam think that he cut their faces off. That has to be one of the most insane things I’ve ever seen.
Don’t get me started on the Killing Joke though. That was just evil.

3 Likes

This is… kind of morbid for a celebratory topic, don’t you think?

3 Likes

Would he have it any other way?

2 Likes

beating jason todd

4 Likes

Destroying priceless art. Oh, and gassing everyone in the museum before doing so.

4 Likes

Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker

He corrupts Robin, then forces Batman to watch footage of the torture…

5 Likes

When he killed Gordon’s second wife in front of a bunch of babies.

4 Likes

I have to admit, something about forcing him to watch his adopted son’s torture is especially twisted. :fearful:

4 Likes

Batman Confidential #11

2 Likes

Batman #663

Joker kills one of his loyal henchmen, then kills the rest of them at the funeral. The description of what it feels like to inhale Joker venom is haunting…

2 Likes