Joker reviews?

Critics are calling it a masterpiece. Got a 10/10 by IGN. Holy S···!

10 Likes

Well, that’s fun.

3 Likes

I have a feeling Phoenix will walk away with an Oscar for this performance :clown_face:

7 Likes

I guess we all know who everyone is dressing up as for Halloween lmao

5 Likes

Between this and IT, I’d say this is the year of evil clown movies.

2 Likes

Rotten Tomatoes gives it an 86% so far, but that’s still really good especially for first reviews. I expected this movie to be a kind of boom or bust, and if all of the reviews are this good so far, I’m really really excited for it!

1 Like

One of the few movies this year that commands me to the theatre.

3 Likes

I’m very surprised because the trailer makes it look… idk, weird? So I wasn’t expecting it to get high praises.

Now I’m curious on what IGN gave Suicide Squad lol

I can’t wait to see it, not sure when I’ll be able to. If I’m being honest, because the trailer didn’t excite me, I didn’t mark the calendee for this one but still I’m willing to give it a chance. Especially now that we know it got good reviews.

3 Likes

I knew this would be critically acclaimed! 86% on RT is fantastic and most fans are hyped

3 Likes

https://deadline.com/2019/08/joker-is-wild-gets-eight-minute-standing-ovation-at-venice-film-festival-1202708706/

8 minute standing O at the Venice Film Festival

3 Likes

@Gibbyhertz Critics love weird and it clearly was aiming to be a critical darling over a Summer blockbuster type. So expected good reviews. Test will be what the public thinks of it.

5 Likes

Every bit of news I hear about this movie makes me even more excited to see it in theaters, and to be honest I didn’t think that was possible! :smiley:

6 Likes

That’s good. I’m always happy to see DC movies get good reviews.

In some other thread, I wrote review headlines akin to:

“Joker pic is no joke!”

and

“No Clowning Around in Joker”

I called that one :wink:

5 Likes

@DanTheManOne1

Yeah, true.

I’m curious to what people here will give it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

personally, I think that it looks like a masterpiece. I don’t really care about what critics think, but it’s good to hear about the reactions at the screenings. I am definitely very interested to experience the film for myself.

2 Likes

Meta critic gives Joker a 75 which is fairly good but far from exceptional. I’m not saying that metacritic is the standard of quality, but I was disappointed after hearing hype from others.

On the pro-hype side, IMDB has it an an insane 9.8 out of 10, but those ratings always go down after the initial hype. Still, that’s a darn high starting point.

I’ve heard it called a cross between The King of Comedy and Taxi Driver, so not really a comic book movie at all.

2 Likes

Hey, third DC movie in a row where we don’t have to deal with negative reviews before the movie comes out. I’ll take it!

I think what I’m looking forward to most is just what drives this man to become The Joker…how far is this man pushed that he becomes this?

2 Likes